Video error on playback - Transcoding

crashkelly

crashkelly

Hi,

Having trouble getting a mkv rip to play in the web client, or anything else that transcodes.

Movie was ripped to mkv yesterday with DVDFab and regardless of it having 3D in a description in one of the log files it is not a 3D movie.

Originally ripped the 2D disc yesterday and had the same issue so I retried it with the 3D ISO and "converted" it to 2D with DVDFab.

I am positive that I tried another rip yesterday that did the same thing but at this moment I cannot find it, I will keep looking.

I cleared out my logs and restarted the server and then played the mkv through the web client.

Thanks

CrashKelly

EDIT: The mkv plays fine via direct play

EDIT 2: re-ripped to mkv and removed the TRUEHD 7.1 track. mkv now has AC3 audio and transcodes just fine.

server-63547835944.txt

transcode-851a001f-5342-4b0c-b437-abd5eef7530c.txt

transcode-dacf43d1-a691-4cf2-8859-04f4d6812a64.txt

server-63547818300.txt

Edited by crashkelly

• 7 months later...
dark_slayer

@@Luke

The problem crashkelly described and logged above still exists today

Both android and kodi clients will not playback anything (audio/video) when a TrueHD Atmos audio track is selected

In android you can bypass this quite easily by selecting the audio track you prefer to play, but in Kodi it's not a currently implemented feature to switch audio tracks . . . so atmos films are usually going to fail since it will just pick up the first audio track

This is becoming slightly more of a problem with more and more releases using Atmos http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html and will only continue to grow

I haven't had this problem till this morning. Is this on the server side or the client side?  I just started using the Fire TV version.

Edit: Sorry, I'm still on my first cup of coffee, I should have read your post better.

Edited by sepa