Feature Request: Chapters on Android

Hawkwinter
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hawkwinter

Feature Request
Being able to access video chapters like you can on web, but on android, would be handy.

Hawkwinter
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, it's already there. Where are you looking for it?

Hi Luke.
So. On Web, I can open a 'Chapters' Menu, and jump to the next chapter if desired.
image.thumb.png.f8abd28ba8845b33200994277396f9bc.png

The button to open that menu is not present in the android version, and it's also not in the settings menu where you can change playback speed and whatnot.

Edited by Hawkwinter

Hawkwinter
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

What version of Emby for Android do you have?

The newest version on the Play store for phones. Is it out of date?

Hawkwinter
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Strange. What device and version of android?

Xiaomi Mi A1;  Android 9. It's not a brand new phone.

I just checked, and the "Chapters" button DOES show up on my NVidia Shield TV Pro 2017, running the same version of Emby. But it's not there when I open the same file on my phone.

289436545_1592911034435688_4036108873432578629_n.png

Edited by Hawkwinter

OK we do hide it on really small screens, but you can still use the seek bar to get the visual thumbnails. We'll have to think about a layout that would work at that small size.

Hawkwinter

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK we do hide it on really small screens, but you can still use the seek bar to get the visual thumbnails.

> Really small
It's a 6 inch screen & the biggest phone I've ever owned. If I went much bigger it would be a small tablet.  haha
Maybe the phone is misreporting the screen size. (Or perhaps when you say 'really small' you mean all phones, not just small phones).

but you can still use the seek bar to get the visual thumbnails.

Yeah. it's imprecise. I found get vaguely close to the start of the chapter, and then I need to jump around until I get there. Admittedly it would be more user-friendly on a 20 minute file than on an 11 hour file.

We'll have to think about a layout that would work at that small size.

I appreciate it, when you do manage to add it in.

Edited by Hawkwinter
  • Thanks 1

Hawkwinter

I misremembered the screen size. it's 5.5" for the screen, 6.5" for the device if you count the bezel - Still, I can't imagine wanting anything bigger as a phone. It's already a bit annoying to use as a phone (doesn't fit nicely in pockets; even most phone belt pouches its a tight fit; awkward to hold with one hand for taking photos if I need to hold something in the other hand), while being much too small to make a decent tablet for videos and reading PDFs and comics and webpages.

I just booted up Plex on my phone for the first time since a few days after I downloaded Emby. They moved "Chapter Selection" into the menu on phones.

• Thanks 1