Emby is taking up to 40GB memory

Fukuro

Fukuro

The problem can be easily reproduce: restart emby, wait for 5 min, start scanning the media library, wait another 5 min, and then the process memory climb up to 45GB, occupying all my left memory.

I found a lot of Errors in the log attached. At first, most of them are reported by opensubtitle module, so I disabled it. But the problem still happened from time to time.

When I monitored the embyserver.exe process after this happened, I found that in fact there were no requests sent to media database sites, like imdb or theTVDb.

I didn't know what emby did when this problem happened.

Would you please help me to resolve this issue?

スクリーンショット 2022-07-10 004730.png

embyserver.txt

Hello Fukuro,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, please try deleting all .dll files from C:\Users\35995\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Then restart the server and see how that compares. Thanks.

Fukuro

Thanks for replying. I tried deleting all .dll files from C:\Users\35995\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata (it seems those .dll files are all plugins), and then restarted the server. Some plugins appeared again (downloaded again by emby?)

Some time later, I started 'scan media library' task, and the memory used by embyserver.exe keeps climbing by about 40MB per second (now at 30 GB). With no doubt, all memory space is going to be run out 1 hr later. The problem's not fixed.

Here is the latest log.

ps. I restarted the server at last (time 12:34), the unusual RAM increment happened just before this restart for 10~20embyserver-63793053254.txt min, but nothing's recorded between 12:21 to 12:34. Strange.

スクリーンショット 2022-07-10 123254.png

Hmm. Can you try starting up the server fresh, then doing individual scans for separate libraries one at a time? Then see which one causes the highest increase. Thanks.

Fukuro

I have found out that it's a folder containing both photos and videos (library categorized as Family Photos and Videos) that caused the highest increase. After I removed it, everything just goes fine.

So I wonder what's the reason? Am I not permitted to put photos and videos together?

latest log 

embyserver-63793766630.txt

Fukuro

PS. when I included that folder again, and then ran the scan, the problem was reproduced exactly. I could neither remove the folder nor stop the scan. the only thing to do was to restart the server.

latest log attached. from 2022-07-18 18:52:48.508 are the logs about that folder.

embyserver-63793767307.txt

Edited by Fukuro

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is resolved in the 4.8 beta channel, in 4.8.0.8+. We are working on getting the fixes backported into a new 4.7.X stable release. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...