Transmission does not delete folders - DSM7

nzoli

nzoli

Hello

When I perform a "Trash Data & Remove from list...", all of the source files are deleted, but the directory is left behind (in incomplete folder too).
I looked for a solution and I change the UMASK to 0 but same result.

The sc-transmission has a read/write permission to that folder.

thanks ;)

kaj

I'm not sure that a problem with transmission not deleting directories is anything to do with Emby and Synology. 

• Like 2

Hi, I would suggest never setting up any util to use paths that Emby is pointed to as working areas.  The only time you want any external access is when the finished file is being moved to it's final location residing in a library.  Otherwise you really need to turn off RTM (real time monitoring) as the OS will be constantly notifying Emby to rescan libraries since they've been touched or modified.

Following generally excepted procedures dictates not to use other program's paths as working spaces but instead to use common temp storage or an area setup for it's own use.  This benefits both programs because they can do as needed without regard to the other. Only when you have a file ready for production would it enter the Emby Library space.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your answers!

I'm not sure - because my english is week a little bit ;) - but i have no installed emby server.

I'm using only plex and videostation through my local network with NFS share.

thanks