Custom Intros using TAG for EPISODES but not movies

unisoft

unisoft

Wondering if anyone can help because I have VanatagePoint for Movie Intros and Cinema Intros for *trying* to use TAG based approach for playing a custom video ident before a TV episode.

So, in the MP4, I have a tag called "BBC" and an intro file MP4 file BBC.MP4 in the codecs intro path defined in cinema intros configuration in Emby. I also used the Emby metadata editor to create a tag there called "BBC" as well for the same episode required.

When I refresh/scan Tv season folder, and then try to play the tagged episode, no pre-video is fired off in Emby Web app.

Here is the cinema intros setup I have configured in the screen shot (movies has to be disabled so VantagePoint can handle movie custom intros).

When I didn't have VantagePoint, and movies and episodes were enabled in custom intros, I am sure this used to work?

Thanks

Emby-Tagging.jpg

Edited by unisoft

Happy2Play

Are you sure the episode is tagged?  

Just tested with episode tagged and same tag named intro file and it played before the episode.

unisoft
45 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Are you sure the episode is tagged?  

Just tested with episode tagged and same tag named intro file and it played before the episode.

Thanks for testing. Yep, the .MP4 file is tagged with same as the filename (minus the file extension) and I did an additional tag in Emby's metadata editor.

ID3v2 TAG in MP4 file: BBC with value BBC

Emby Meta Tag: BBC

Intro filename: BBC.mp4

Did a scan of the TV season level as well. Permissions on the intros are fine and the intros inside VantagePoint plugin work from similar parent folder.

Edited by unisoft