DSM 7 Permissions

Victorypoint

Victorypoint

Hi. I just installed latest 64-bit Emby server 4.7.5.0 on my Synology NAS running DSM 7.1. I added a media folder (/volume1/Photos) but it won't index I suspect due to file permissions. Are there specific permissions I need to assign to get this to work? This is a new install of DSM7 and Emby - no migration from earlier versions.

Any help is appreciated.

-Al

Victorypoint

I think I solved it. In File Station, I had to give user "emby" read access to /volume1/Photos. It seems to be indexing now but photo and video browsing/viewing doesn't work yet.

-Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Victorypoint

Thumbnails and viewing didn't work so I gave "emby" user read and write access to /volume1/Photos under File Station and that seems to be working. I could have also gave same permission under Shared Folder app. I wish these permissions were set during install like Plex does.

-Al

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, Victorypoint said:

Thumbnails and viewing didn't work so I gave "emby" user read and write access to /volume1/Photos under File Station and that seems to be working. I could have also gave same permission under Shared Folder app. I wish these permissions were set during install like Plex does.

-Al

When ever possible to make things as easy as possible create a new SHARE in control panel. So you could have created a "Photos share and still located it in the same location but now have a share you can set permissions on for the system internal emby user and won't have to mess or add additional permissions as it should just work.