Artwork ignores parental control

DerrickM
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

DerrickM

Just wondering if anyone else has asked this, I searched for a while but didn't find a topic.

Anyways, how do I get the artwork in emby to respect parental controls?

If I go to playlists and choose genres, it the artwork for each genre shows whatever movies it chooses and doesn't respect parental controls I have set. So my grandmother for example can see the movie posters for movies that she's restricted from watching but then when clicking on the genre it doesn't show the movies there. See the screenshots below for an example.16570624282593227860290171490602.thumb.jpg.3a97a423d5478556f13b1046381f05b2.jpg16570624948502627933167889839832.thumb.jpg.bf3715db9b4dfb9ef8a7d45234c3e78e.jpg

DerrickM

As a side note, I found this to be the case with all emby generated artwork but worked around it by putting custom photos in place for movies tv shows etc under the my media heading. But would rather not have to think about it 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes as these are global images for the placeholder not per user.  One would need to assign static images.  Will search but issues like this have been mentioned before.

image.thumb.png.9bd6f0f645c41816068205af5e726a79.png

• Like 1

DerrickM

Sounds like there's not a feasible way to 'fix' this issue without doing what you've done with the genres. 

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, DerrickM said:

Sounds like there's not a feasible way to 'fix' this issue without doing what you've done with the genres. 

Currently no, same applies to My Media images.

• Like 1

DerrickM
45 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes as these are global images for the placeholder not per user.  One would need to assign static images.  Will search but issues like this have been mentioned before.

image.thumb.png.9bd6f0f645c41816068205af5e726a79.png

is there an easy way to do this for all of them? And where did you get those pictures from?

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 minute ago, DerrickM said:

is there an easy way to do this for all of them? And where did you get those pictures from?

From github

Emby.Resources/images/imagesbyname at master · MediaBrowser/Emby.Resources (github.com)

put directly in Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\specific folder genres

DerrickM

Hey, so I added the folder images, but it looks like under playlists > genre it still isn't updating

image.png.d12c33657899fe791c44fe7f5d8ac72b.png

DerrickM

Never mind, I had to hand pick each photo under Movies > Genres but then it updated them in the playlists section as well. Though the playlists genres appear to be empty for all users. But that's ok, just didn't want the pictures of movies showing to users who weren't supposed to be able to watch those movies.

• Thanks 1