Emby v2.0.77g Displaying Movie Rating

nuke11

nuke11

For some reason under v2.0.77g when I start a movie with rating information (rated R, PG, etc), it is now showing on the screen for a few seconds.

I don't need to see this, how do I turn this off?

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Audiomixer

You don’t. Its built in. It would be nice to have a disable in settings.

• Like 2

Hi.  That is a new feature across all the apps.  Options are possible in the future.

justinrh

@ebr Can you tell us the purpose of this info pop-up?  How is it supposed to help us?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 6:41 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  That is a new feature across all the apps.  Options are possible in the future.

I'm sure somebody is extremely happy to have this feature.

+1 for an option to turn this off.

Please.

You HAD to have known there would be complaints about this. The fact that there is not already an option to turn it off is quite ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, C.S. said:

I'm sure somebody is extremely happy to have this feature.

Yes, we have gotten some very positive feedback on it - which is unusual as people usually only post when they don't like something :).

An option is possible for the future but it would be system-wide, not just for this app.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ebr said:

Yes, we have gotten some very positive feedback on it - which is unusual as people usually only post when they don't like something :).

And is the fact that it can't be disabled part of what makes them happy?

• Haha 1

TalNum

@ebr Just wanted to chime in on this and echo my support for an option to disable this feature. After searching endlessly in the settings, I am somewhat happy to see this wasn't just a case of me missing something obvious.

I am sure there are users that find this feature to be informative, but for those of us wanting to outright disable this feature across the board, that option should also be made available. If this is a matter of users inadvertently playing a movie above an age appropriate category, I would merely point them toward the media filter option or the parental controls under the user profiles.

• Agree 3

• 1 month later...

add me as another who's annoyed by it and hoping the option to remove it shows up sooner rather than later...also there's still no option to remove star ratings from showing, also annoying...still

Edited by qnaptime

On 05/07/2022 at 23:09, nuke11 said:

For some reason under v2.0.77g when I start a movie with rating information (rated R, PG, etc), it is now showing on the screen for a few seconds.

I don't need to see this, how do I turn this off?

This was originally flagged up as an issue in May, when v2.0.73 (beta) was released and so far, no option to disable it has been added anywhere.

• Agree 1

unisoft

why do I need this when I have Vantage Point displaying a BBFC Ratings video based on the metadata rating? Its duplication for me. Much better as "Show ratings warning" option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Our standard android app now has an option to control this in version 3.2.72+:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Can we get this retro-fitted into the ATV app please.

It's going to be a while until the ATV app is deleted, so it would be an idea to add it there as well, or make it a server option.

unisoft
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Yep just installed and its in user options. Many thanks for this @Luke

Although there is some bits still to do where some stuff was useful from the Android TV app (except those cryptic icons grrr), personally I am loving the standard Android app so far.

• Sad 1

FrostByte
4 hours ago, CBers said:

Can we get this retro-fitted into the ATV app please.

It's going to be a while until the ATV app is deleted, so it would be an idea to add it there as well, or make it a server option.

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Luke said:

I know you REALLY want people to love and use the standard app, but please please please keep supporting the ATV version until you are ready to replace it, officially, like in the play store.

Most of my users would start swearing / sweating if I told them to "sideload" something. ("Sideload THIS!" is what they might would definitely say.)

Edited by C.S.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I know you REALLY want people to love and use the standard app, but please please please keep supporting the ATV version until you are ready to replace it, officially, like in the play store.

Most of my users would start swearing / sweating if I told them to "sideload" something. ("Sideload THIS!" is what they might would definitely say.)

Yea we understand that sideloading is not convenient. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
qnaptime

Thank you for adding the option, it is appreciated and successfully disabled in the windows app and web access (4.8.0.10).  Unfortunately I mainly use the nvidia shield for playback and it still splashes the rating with no option to disable (2.0.83g) even though it's set to disabled for every user in the windows app.

FrostByte
4 hours ago, qnaptime said:

Thank you for adding the option, it is appreciated and successfully disabled in the windows app and web access (4.8.0.10).  Unfortunately I mainly use the nvidia shield for playback and it still splashes the rating with no option to disable (2.0.83g) even though it's set to disabled for every user in the windows app.

For now, you will need to sideload the standard Android app on your Shield as mentioned above to get rid of the rating.  ATV doesn't have the option.