Cannot connect through remote (WAN) access

jdiadamo
Go to solution Solved by jdiadamo,

jdiadamo

Hello! I tried searching for the problem in the forum, but didn't find any it. Sorry if duplicate

I recently set Emby server 4.7.5.0  up on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. Previously, I was using Emby on my desktop, but it was not great since I had to leave desktop on to access my media.

image.png.213683673627de1331cad79a51364cde.png
When I had Emby on the desktop, I was able to access it though WAN, but when I migrated to the pi, I lost that capabilty. I even changed the port number to see if it was this, but I cannot acces still (8100 now).

Whenever I try to access though remote, I get the "Server took too long to respond" error (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT):

image.png.045f71caa4001120e385de168e49b668.png

I checked the port on canyouseeme.org and it is working:

image.png.26188dfc9c2fc41905c2e9ee032c8e11.png

LAN is working correctly with this configuration.

On the router I have the following rules, created by UPnP (that's the local ip of the Pi):

image.png.6b64a31afdc0afd2ddf5159e25819234.png

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure the lan ip in your port forwarding is correct? Are you sure the remote address that you're testing is correct?

• Solution
jdiadamo

For some reason, I never tried to log connected outside of my LAN (I swear it worked when I accessed my external IP from inside the LAN when I had it set up on my desktop).

I just tried login through the App on my phone connected only to my mobile data, and it worked 🤦‍♂️

This can be closed. I'm sorry for the pointless post.

• Thanks 1