Can't access Emby remotely

buddy497

buddy497

I am new to the program.  I like it enough to be a premier member.  I am attempting to establish remote access to my media library. 

When I sign into the app on my phone or ipad, I get the select server screen. None of the access option work (selecting the Desktop server option, manually typing in the LAN or WAN address, or attempting to sign in with Emby Connect). 

I have attempted to follow the user guides on the website with no success. 

Is there an easy to understand guide available?  Alternatively, does anyone have any idea of the common errors made by users that might be causing my problems. 

buddy497

Luke:

Thank you for the assistance.  I have followed those instructions, multiple times now.  VPN is disabled.  Phone is on cellular only. I have tried to add the server address, both LAN and WAN. I tried using Emby Connect but it directs me back to the 4 option Select Server page thus creating an endless loop. These do not work when I attempt connection at home via  cellular or remotely via cellular.  I always get the connection failure screen. I am open to additional suggestions. 

Jim

I have tried to add the server address

What exactly happens when you tried to do this? Did you setup port forwarding as mentioned in the guide?

buddy497

When I add the server address, either LAN or WAN, I get a a "connection failed" message.  

Below is a screen shot from my Spectrum modem access page. It indicates that port forwarding is on.

Jim 

image.thumb.png.0efbd7aa32c566602519411d6f734369.png

Did you create any port forwarding rules? What rules did you create?

buddy497

Luke:

I'm back at this today.  

This is the bottom half of the port forwarding screen from the modem.  I did not add these.  I assume that they were added when I installed the EMBY program.

Does it look correct?

image.png.9cc8db94c7fd08d5a9dd218648a89828.png 

Hmm maybe try setting up the same rules manually and see if that helps. Double check the internal host address first and make sure it is correct. That is your server lan ip.

Yes, if Spectrum is constantly changing your IP address, then you could look into using a ddns service and then using the ddns address as your external address.