TrueHD Atmos transcoding?

jriker1

jriker1

I have an NVidia Shield Pro which I believe supports TrueHD.  Not sure about Atmos.  My receiver is a 5.1 however.  Couple questions:

1. If my audio is set to the TrueHD Atmos track will Emby detect the incompatibility and transcode the audio or will it let the Shield do what it wants with the source for output?

2. If the answer to the above is it will transcode, is there a way in an MKV to include multiple audio tracks and have Emby automatically pick the one that is most compatible with the Shield and my setup?

Hi.  You posted this in the Apple TV forum.  Is that what you meant to do or are you actually using Android TV?  The Apple TV does not support TrueHD.

jriker1

Shoot can it be moved?  I selected Android TV but guess I missed it. :)

For reference I have a Denon AVR X2200W that supports TrueHD and Dolby Atmos. I am asking in general as I have a MKV with a TrueHD Atmos track that Emby was transcoding. the audio.

1 hour ago, jriker1 said:

For reference I have a Denon AVR X2200W that supports TrueHD and Dolby Atmos. I am asking in general as I have a MKV with a TrueHD Atmos track that Emby was transcoding. the audio.

Can you please play that item for a few seconds and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?