Basic editing of Music CD Metadata

Allanr

Allanr

Hello Everyone.

I am new to Emby and have been using Plex for many years. Was considering Emby and have installed on my NAS Synology 920+. I have created both music and video libraries for the content stored in my NAS and it seems to work well with the initial scanning. I have not committed to the paid or lifetime license yet and a couple of things holding me back. This may be all simple operator error on my part so looking for some guidance. 

1. When I try and edit the title of a CD. I ensure the little padlock is grayed out and change the title. As soon as I type, the padlock turns green. I then press save and it tells me item was saved but when I look a the CD the title has not changed.  This seems true for any of the fields such as Title, Artist, search title.

2. The reason I was trying to edit the title is that when the library was created and scanned the CD apprears as two separate CD items not a single item with 2 discs. I thought this was in part due to the title's being different. One had [CD1] in the title and the other had [CD2]. Is there a way to merge or combine discs into a single disc?

3. Is there a way to edit multiple items at the same time. For instance select a bunch of tracks and then add a genre ?

Thanks in advance and sorry of these are newbie questions.

Hi, bulk editing is planned for future updates.

Are you trying to edit the track or the album?

Allanr

Luke, I was trying to change the title of the album. My music is fairly well organized into album folder, then CD1, CD2 etc. For some reason these appear as two different albums not a single album with CD1 and CD2 track listings. I thought it was because the album titles were different so I wanted to edit one match the other.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Allanr said:

Luke, I was trying to change the title of the album. My music is fairly well organized into album folder, then CD1, CD2 etc. For some reason these appear as two different albums not a single album with CD1 and CD2 track listings. I thought it was because the album titles were different so I wanted to edit one match the other.

Thanks

They probably do have different album titles in their embedded track metadata. Can you look into that?