Emby app on Lineage OS 18.1 for Android TV issues

Exist2Resist

Exist2Resist

Just purged the official OS from my 2015 Android Shield TV Pro and Installed Lineage OS 18.1 (Android 11) with Google Apps.

Installed Emby from the play store but anything I play gives me a black screen after a few seconds of playback. There is sound but no video.

Playing the same content in Kodi on the SATV using EmbyCon is fine.

Exist2Resist

If you are using Android TV/Fire TV and your problem is with playback, please send the log directly from the playback OSD.
There will be an option on the "cog" menu.

Sent the logs. 6:27pm MST.

Played the show, after a few seconds the screen went black and audio cut out, audio cut back in, and video came back again. Pressed button on remote to bring up menu for the cog, and video cut out again, but audio remained. Was able to navigate to menu and send logs.

I just tried to play HDR content at a high bit rate and it crashed my system.

Looks like something to do with resolution switching.

IMG_20220704_184722.jpg

IMG_20220704_184754.jpg

Edited by Exist2Resist

Exist2Resist

It's worse with that app. It completely crashes my HDMI and loses the signal to my receiver.

Edited by Exist2Resist

23 minutes ago, Exist2Resist said:

It's worse with that app. It completely crashes my HDMI and loses the signal to my receiver.

Can you try it again?

Exist2Resist
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you try it again?

Did you update the app or something?

Ok the Android app is no longer crashing the system, but still blanking the video and freezing.

Edited by Exist2Resist

14 hours ago, Exist2Resist said:

Just purged the official OS from my 2015 Android Shield TV Pro and Installed Lineage OS 18.1

Why did you do this?

I don't see any errors from the player in your log but there are a lot of basic network level "connection refused" errors throughout.  You may have just sent the log before the player errored out.

The display issue you show above is probably related to the OS not really being designed for a TV so the DPI is being reported incorrectly.  You may be able to fix that manually.

Exist2Resist
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Why did you do this?

I don't see any errors from the player in your log but there are a lot of basic network level "connection refused" errors throughout.  You may have just sent the log before the player errored out.

The display issue you show above is probably related to the OS not really being designed for a TV so the DPI is being reported incorrectly.  You may be able to fix that manually.

I did it because I was tired of seeing ads for transgenders, homosexuality, and other sexually explicit content on the home page. I will not have my kids stare at that garbage, and I will not have a company profit from ads for a product that I paid premium dollars for.

The OS is actually designed for Android TV, LIneage OS 18.1 foster is for Nvidia Shield TV Devices.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/foster/

Kodi works fine, Amazon Prime works fine, Youtube works fine. Only one app is broken is Emby. 

Exist2Resist

Cat got your tongue? You asked a question you got a reply. 

It seems that out of Kodi, Jellyfin, and other Video providers like Amazon, only Emby fails, crashes and burns consistently.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:48 PM, Exist2Resist said:

Well that's very odd. Can you please install this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide a log from the android app:

Thanks.

• Agree 1