Year not displayed in the line below Title on Apple TV

bubffm

bubffm

When I view the main page of a movie on the IOS or Mac Apps the following info is displayed below the title:

Year - Duration - Genre(s),  then followed by Video and Audio formats

On Apple TV App the Year is missing, I only get:    Duration  - Genre(s).,   ie the "Year" information is missing.

Probably an oversight.  Would be great if this could be fixed.

Hi, we're using an Apple-provided template for that screen, so we can't just put anything anywhere, but we'll see if it has a spot for the year. Thanks.

bubffm

OK thanks, and that Apple template provides for different fields on TVOS, iOS and MacOS?  I'd be surprised....

4 hours ago, bubffm said:

OK thanks, and that Apple template provides for different fields on TVOS, iOS and MacOS?  I'd be surprised....

We're only using apple UI templates on apple TV.

SamES
On 04/07/2022 at 22:31, bubffm said:

When I view the main page of a movie on the IOS or Mac Apps the following info is displayed below the title:

Year - Duration - Genre(s),  then followed by Video and Audio formats

On Apple TV App the Year is missing, I only get:    Duration  - Genre(s).,   ie the "Year" information is missing.

Probably an oversight.  Would be great if this could be fixed.

Do you see the full release date here?

image.png.40c9ed5cfb38c43ca427e4464467de2a.png

bubffm

I don't have that field tagged in may cases.  Year info is enough for me.  Maybe if Release date is not tagged, it should default to year?

2 hours ago, bubffm said:

I don't have that field tagged in may cases.  Year info is enough for me.  Maybe if Release date is not tagged, it should default to year?

Yes we can.

• Like 1

SamES
On 19/07/2022 at 02:01, bubffm said:

Great. Similar issue on Actors, when only year is tagged and not full birthdate. 👍

I've added the year on the detail line for movies.  As that's where it is in all the other apps I think it makes sense to always show it there as well.

Can you give me an actor that only has year and not full birthdate and I'll look at that as well?  Thanks

bubffm

Thank a lot. Year is there on ATV 😃.  

Regarding Actor: Can't remember who it was. Need to look thru, but should just default "birth" resp "age" on the Act page should just generally default to year if no full birthdate present.

Many thanks again

• Like 1