Cannot login nor playback

Trevor68

Trevor68

Because there isn't one? The cursor blinks in the input field, but no keyboard appears on any button push. This has happened since you apparently "fixed" double pushes on other remotes. 

If i load up a previous version keyboard reappears. It is beginning to become clear you think I'm a complete idiot. But it's you that has a untested download on your main website, 

Either buy a chromecast or believe what people are telling you. 

Trevor68

Also this thread is not about Android TV any longer, so not even in the right forum, let alone ontopic. Could you please stop moving my posts, or let me know where I can appropiately report issues with the Android app???

@Luke

15 hours ago, Trevor68 said:

Also this thread is not about Android TV any longer, so not even in the right forum

Hi.  Since we're working on unification and this issue is on a TV device, it is fine for it to continue in this forum section.  We are aware of the keyboard issue on some systems and are looking into it.

Thanks.

Trevor68

Cool, so no news on the lag, or crashing during 4k playback yet then I suppose? 

If you could please advise when the keyboard returns I will be able to do some more useful testing. 

In other news if you wanted one for some actual testing, they are currently on sale. 

Chromecast with Google TV is on sale for $40 once again | Engadget

Edited by Trevor68

Trevor68

So here's an interesting thing, to all the peeps who said that no android client can survive the redirects caused by a reverse proxy, you are wrong. 

Jellyfin is running on my truenas scale box via traefik reverse proxy, and happily playing everything I throw at it, even 4K HEVC files. 

3 hours ago, Trevor68 said:

to all the peeps who said that no android client can survive the redirects caused by a reverse proxy,

Hi.  I don't really think anyone said that (our standard Android app works for you in this regard, correct?) but also most reverse proxies don't involve redirects in this manner as well.

Trevor68

Nope, neither does, though the standard one tries a little harder, but then it has it's own dreadful issues that make it not worth loading up. 

Also from page 2 of this very thread. 

cloudflare can quit at any time thats why i put that warning in there, but if i read the thread correctly, your main issue is that the hardware apps don't follow redirects?    that's not an emby issue the app os doesn't allow this. usually fire tv, android tv, roku I think all do not, never have..   

Anyhow, I've found something that works with my dead simple wildcard ssl setup, so best of luck to you all. It was a great 12 year ride. 

Edited by Trevor68

• 2 weeks later...

Have you compared your Cloudfare settings to this: 

There's a lot of users here that run Cloudfare without any problems.

Trevor68

Mate, as I clearly stated to your exact same question months ago, CloudFlare is just my DNS and Acme provider, and have nothing to do with my perfectly to working traefik proxy besides authorising it .

Maybe read back a few pages eh. 🤪

Anyhow Jellyfin not only just works with any client on my truenas scale setup, but also transcodes using my GTX1650, so I'm all set here. 👍

pir8radio
On 8/12/2022 at 11:59 PM, Trevor68 said:

Mate, as I clearly stated to your exact same question months ago, CloudFlare is just my DNS and Acme provider, and have nothing to do with my perfectly to working traefik proxy besides authorising it .

Maybe read back a few pages eh. 🤪

Anyhow Jellyfin not only just works with any client on my truenas scale setup, but also transcodes using my GTX1650, so I'm all set here. 👍

and emby does the same for me, including 4k 10bit transcodes, through two reverse proxies, with no issues..   sucks they couldn't figure out your problem.    Glad you are happy with your solution..     Maybe try downgrading emby to an old version to match what jellyfin is running as another test when you have time?  or If you are a happy camper, then rock on!  🙂

Trevor68
On 18/07/2022 at 07:06, pir8radio said:

cloudflare can quit at any time thats why i put that warning in there, but if i read the thread correctly, your main issue is that the hardware apps don't follow redirects?    that's not an emby issue the app os doesn't allow this. usually fire tv, android tv, roku I think all do not, never have..    

That's not what you stated earlier in the thread. 

Clearly Jellyfin does, but as you yourself said, other apps do not. 

Edited by Trevor68

pir8radio
3 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

That's not what you stated earlier in the thread. 

I don't have any kind of 302 or 301 redirects going on..   do you?    all you need to do is not do any redirects..  proxy and redirect are two totally different things.      Proxy acts as a middle man it reads a page and spits it back out to the end user..     a redirect tries to tell the client to go somewhere else than where it was originally directed.    This is an OS issue not an app issue..   some mobile os's dont allow apps to follow redirects.    so if it works with JF it will work with emby, something is configured differently on your end. 

Edited by pir8radio

Trevor68

yes, I use traefik, Jellyfin just works. So I'm good now thanks. 

If anyone cares about Emby working with truecharts, the directions are simplicity itself to setup and all documented on their webby. 

08 - Installing Traefik | TrueCharts

I don't know why Emby does not work, EBR said it was not obeying redirects, so I just took his word for it. As before, Jellyfin does work so this is now solved for me anyhow. 

Trevor68
2 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

no it does not work with Emby. Hence this thread

7 minutes ago, pir8radio said:

so if it works with JF it will work with emby, something is configured differently on your end. 

no it does not, hence this thread. 

Edited by Trevor68

Trevor68

No I cannot, as the original issues are unresolved and I have moved on. 

Just because you have fixed a another problem that you yourself caused and yet denied, does not mean I'm going to waste anymore time on you. 

12 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

No I cannot, as the original issues are unresolved and I have moved on. 

Just because you have fixed a another problem that you yourself caused and yet denied, does not mean I'm going to waste anymore time on you. 

Actually the 3.6.63 version also had some playback fixes, it's just that you were unable to test them due to not being able to login. Can you try it again?

Trevor68

Nope, I'm out, Jellyfin just works, I have no need to waste anymore time here. Why would I when your constantly making any report I make to look like I'm an idiot?

As mentioned previously, I work in IT, I was happy to help test, right up until I realised your actually the idiot. 

trevor681

Your sir are now behaving like a spoilt 10 year old brat. Why would you PM me for the first time ever in ten years, when you know full well I cannot reply because I am now banned for some reason? .

As for your reasoning that Jellyfin is just "your" old code, would you care to explain why it works perfectly via traefik and your code does not? 

Oh and Frostbyte, welcome to ban this account too mr sensitive. Though I would suggest you read the entire thread from beginning to end to see who the real abuser is here. 

Edited by trevor681

Things can happen when you try to support new features, new formats, new ways of rendering, etc. it's certainly not our intention, but occasionally regressions can pop up, especially given the large number of devices and combinations we have to test.

How about this, can you provide a sample video for testing? We can test the same file on the firestick lite and get to the bottom of the problem without having to go through more back and forth troubleshooting.

trevor681

or you could try to actually read the thread and understand the problem? I believe you are being deliberately disingenuous every single time you post. 

Clearly you understand there are now massive difference between your code and Jellyfin, but in a PM you try to suggest otherwise. 

As for your one size fits all android client, have you ever just sat down and watched some media using the AndroidTV client? I seriously doubt it, as the turd your trying to polish is never going to shine. 

Also I haven't used my firestick in months and am not about to start. 

Also I offered to test on the same file and server months ago, were past that now. I have watched you treat other paying customers on this forum atrociously as well so you only have yourself to blame for pushing people to other solutions. 

trevor681

So out of some misguided sense of loyalty I suppose I spun up a server on my Truenas Scale box again, downloaded 3.2.64 from the website and low and behold, you have fixed the keyboard (that you broke) so progress I guess. 

All the original playback issues remain unchanged from the very first day I posted this thread. 4K HEVC playback either does not start at all, or sometimes does eventually start, and then stop, and then start, and then , well you get the idea. 

Sadly i hold out no hope for this particular client, and it is pretty much the only one I use, so I'll be off then. Welcome to delete all my accounts. 

trevor682

Continuously banning your paying clientele who came here for no other reason than to report a problem seems like an odd business model. 😆

@Trevor68  Hey friend, no one banning your account, it simply the mod's team apply some warning matters, some times the warning level stop you from posting for sometimes, that all.

I see you find a solution with other software, that good, as no software work with everyone.

Please no need for any word name here, and good luck.

trevor682

Haha, mate when the senior developer of a product is actually the real abuser, supported by some forum lackeys then yep I agree it is not good. I marked this thread as Solved and had forgotten about it. 

It is a certain developer that cannot let go 😉