UI hangs while shuffingling music playlist

BeachBum83

BeachBum83

After some span of time listening to a music playlist (more than a half hour), the Emby UI will become almost completely unresponsive. Repeatedly pressing the Menu button on the Apple remote will eventually drop you out of the Emby app, though the music will continue. No other remote control button will yield a response from the Emby app. I typically restart the Apple TV at this point.

The music playist will be one with more than a hundred songs.

I have not tested this for playing an album or artist, only against a playlist.

BeachBum83

This can happen as quickly as the third song, but can also take longer. The entire UI freezes except for the tiny visualizer in the album cover corner. I might do some experimentation, but I've come to believe the freeze occurs when the Apple TV switches to its screensaver.

BeachBum83

The error occurs every time I play music.

I spent some time with it today, there is no correlation between the Apple TV screensaver kicking in and the UI freeze. I even checked to see if it might the first or second song change after the screensaver started.

It appears to be a pseudo-random crash that occurs after random spans of time while shuffling a playlist. But it is guaranteed to happen within an hour or so.

As an aside, you discover the frozen UI when you hit the Menu button to exit the Apple TV screensaver and return to the Emby UI. It's frozen, but you can hit the Menu button several times (quite a few) to eventually drop out of Emby and back into the Apple TV UI. Within a minute or so of doing this, the Emby client will crash out and the music will stop. Opening Emby after this is the same as opening it after restarting the Apple TV.

• 2 weeks later...