Disable Updates EMBY Plugins

Santrex

Happy2Play

Don't know the issue here but what server version and plugin version?

I have plugin v1.10.0.1 on server 4.8.0.3 and v1.9.0.5 on 4.7.5.0.  But believe more specifics are needed here.

nahtay

Once I restart server for updates, it will wipe out that plugin that auto updated to current version. See attached. I'm on mac high sierra 10.13.6. Highest I can get on this unfortunately.

emby version mac.jpg

playback version.jpg

9 minutes ago, nahtay said:

Once I restart server for updates, it will wipe out that plugin that auto updated to current version. See attached. I'm on mac high sierra 10.13.6. Highest I can get on this unfortunately.

emby version mac.jpg

playback version.jpg

You're getting the correct version based on how the developer of the plugin configured it, so whatever problem you're having with the plugin I would report it to the developer in the Plugins section of the community.

Happy2Play

Ah yes as my 4.7.5.0 is pending a restart up to update to that version.

So since you cannot update this creates issues when plugins actually update.

I still come back to what does the API show for this task?  If it still shows triggers then it is not set properly.

nahtay

I can tell you it was working fine until I could no longer update to latest emby server version. It will work if I install one version below latest plugin until I do another server restart.

34 minutes ago, nahtay said:

Not sure what you mean. I reported it here and others reporting the same issue.

Please read the thread. Nobody else is reporting the same problem as you. To be honest, I don't even know what your issue is, I just know what you think it is based on what you've said, and I'm telling you that it's not. You don't need to prevent plugin updates. What you need is to get support for whatever issue you're having that is caused by the plugin update.

Happy2Play

Okay on a new test install the task is resting itself on every restart.

And 4.7.1.0 is not compatible with 1.10.0.1.

2022-07-07 11:32:12.888 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

@TeamB I think you need to update that package version to raise the min required server version to 4.7.3, if that's the nuget package you compiled against. Please PM ebr if you have an issue changing that because I did recently for another plugin. Thanks.

• Like 1

TeamB
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@TeamB I think you need to update that package version to raise the min required server version to 4.7.3, if that's the nuget package you compiled against. Please PM ebr if you have an issue changing that because I did recently for another plugin. Thanks.

What is the best solution here @Luke should I downgrade the nuget package to 4.7.0.9 or just limit the release to 4.7.3.0?

8 minutes ago, TeamB said:

What is the best solution here @Luke should I downgrade the nuget package to 4.7.0.9 or just limit the release to 4.7.3.0?

That's your choice. If the code is compatible with the older version you can upgrade. But most users on 4.7.1 are going to update to the latest 4.7.X so I would just limit the release personally.

Happy2Play

Tested on 4.7.1.0 and the issue is resolved limiting to 1.9.0.5.

If plugin is already updated, reinstall via the catalog.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, nahtay said:

How do I stop it from updating?

It will no longer update once 1.9.0.5 is installed as 1.10.0.1 is no longer available for 4.7.1.0.