Incomplete Recordings

revengineer

revengineer

Since upgrading from 4.6.7 to 4.7.5, I have had multiple failed IPTV recordings and at least subjectively it feels as if the number is much higher than before the upgrade. I am not convinced this is real yet, but before I dig deeper, I am throwing it out here to see if there are perhaps other with similar experience. Note that Live TV of IPTV channels seems to be rock-solid now, and it seems it is limited to recordings. Thoughts appreciated and if there are others, I may start collecting and posting logs.

revengineer

@Luke I knew you would say that. I was hoping someone can convince me first that I am not crazy. The last time is happened it was my VPN connection that went wonky but it would be a weird coincidence. I will keep an eye out and post the logs next time.

Ronstang

I have been complaining about this for almost 2 years and I am constantly told it is not emby.....but mine always stop at certain intervals, like after 15, 30, 45 minutes of a recording....or an hour or hour and 15 minutes...but it is always in quarter hour intervals and not some random time like 37 minutes.  That tells me something is doing this maybe not on purpose but it is definitely like emby "thinks" the recording should end.  Could be improper flags in the stream from the cable company but I really have no clue.  It's just very frustrating.  Happens to me several times a week at least.

revengineer
6 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

I have been complaining about this for almost 2 years and I am constantly told it is not emby.....but mine always stop at certain intervals, like after 15, 30, 45 minutes of a recording....or an hour or hour and 15 minutes...but it is always in quarter hour intervals and not some random time like 37 minutes.  That tells me something is doing this maybe not on purpose but it is definitely like emby "thinks" the recording should end.  Could be improper flags in the stream from the cable company but I really have no clue.  It's just very frustrating.  Happens to me several times a week at least.

This seems like a different issue. My recordings have been rock-solid with 4.6.7, very rarely was there a failure, and if they occurred it seemed random. With 4.7.5, I have had several interruptions after only 3 minutes.