Instant Mix

JDizzy

JDizzy

Using version 1.64 of Roku client, where might I find the Instant Mix option?

When I use MB MediaCentre version it gives option to Play or Instant Mix.....

Edited by JDizzy

Technically, you won't find the "instant mix" option on the roku. It appears when you remote-play from a mb3 client (web browser, android, etc) to the roku mb3 client.

see this thead: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9756-instant-mix/

But.......there is an easter egg of sorts (read this as a workaround) that allows you to do this entirely from the roku, with no other client involved. It's a few steps but easily done, and with this method you can also play music in the background while you browse your library. I've explained it before but this time I put it in to easy to follow steps.

INSTANT MIX:
1) On the roku choose your music library and pick an album
2) A list of song appears and press ok on the roku remote to play the song
3) Now press * on the remote and on the menu that pops up choose "Go To Now Playing"
4) On the now playing screen choose "more..."
5) on the screen that pops up, choose "shuffle on", and perhaps "loop on" as well, then choose "back".
6) On the now playing screen simply click "next song" to start the instant mix. You will notice you did this correctly it will immediately move you back a screen. The pointer is no longer on the song playing, this is fine.

INSTANT MIX MUSIC PLAYS IN BACKGROUND WHILE BROWSING LIBRARY:
-- Complete steps 1-6 above --
7) Press back enough times to get to the main screen roku view you get when mediabrowser opens.
8) The song will stop playing this is normal. You can turn it back on easily. Now press * and choose "play". Notice the music plays, except while browsing now, every screen the music keeps playing. Of course for this to work turn theme music off. It will automatically move to the next track when playing. To move to next or previous track during a song, you must invoke the * pop up window because you are browsing with the navigation pad. You can also use the "now playing" box at the bottom of the main mediabrowser menu to do it if the option appears. This does not affect playing other media, when other media starts the music appropriately stops.

Let me know if you can't figure this out, or it doesn't work for you. ;)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

yes i forgot it's not actually in the roku UI yet. but there are ways to do it thanks to the above explanation.

JDizzy

yes i forgot it's not actually in the roku UI yet. but there are ways to do it thanks to the above explanation.

Yes, thanks for explanation!

A bit much but does the trick..... looking forward to being able to select from menu.