Find files with subtitles

Dickydodah!
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dickydodah!

I have a Samsung TV that has an issues with large numbers of subtitles. The symptoms are stuttering video. I know this is a known issue with the Samsung TV not Emby so I just strip the subtitles with Another GUI https://www.stuudio.ee/AnotherGUI/ This is quick and easy but I only know I need to do it when there is a problem with playing a file which is rather annoying. Is there anyway to find all the files in the database with subtitles?

GrimReaper

Depends how do you want to approach it, you can either query db or use Iconic plugin which can put a badge on any item that has subtitles (internal and/or external, depending on how you set it up) for easy identification. 

Dickydodah!

I already use Iconic and was thinking of doing this however I can't see how to only flag up subtitles that are not English as I may need to leave them in place. Querying the DB would probably be the best method to start with but whilst I've done some SQL searches before this was always with someone talking me through it. Do you know how to achieve this?

Dickydodah!

I'm afraid Iconic won't be of use for this purpose as I need to identify the series that have files with subtitles and it can only do this at the episode level. I can already do this within Emby by viewing all episodes and filtering for subtitles = Yes. This returns 1386 results and I realy don't want to do these individually. A list from the DB would alow me to batch strip the subs.

• Solution

Hi, there is no filter for this at the series level but the episodes tab in your TV library should have all the filtering you need.

Dickydodah!

Hi, I found the filters in the episodes tab and it was very useful. However I have found a different solution to the subtiltle issues on Samsung TV's which I have detailed in the Samsung thread.