External subtitles not working on LG 1.0.35

jeanux

jeanux

Hi Luke. In fact there's not much to describe other than I haven't been able to see external (srt) subtitles in my kinda old webos 1 LG TV. The lg emby app is version 1.0.35. Emby server version is 4.7.4.0 and running on an Ubuntu vm in proxmox. Haven't had any other issues besides this one and only in this particular LG TV (subtitles work just fine on other newer old LG with webos 3). Not sure which update caused the issue though, but subtitles  did use to work on this TV before. I even reinstalled the app to no success. I'll send you my TV model later (not at home atm). I can send pics if needed , or a short video. Just let me know which do you prefer.

jeanux

So, following the how to for reporting empy app issues:

• Please create a topic in the community: Well, I guess this is it.
  • Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck: Again, I haven't been able to see external (srt) subtitles in my kinda old webos 1 LG TV (model # is 65UB9800-UA). The LG emby app version is 1.0.35.
  • If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue. No errors, just subtitiles not showing. I'm attaching a video where you can see both external and embedded subtitle selected, yet neither showing on screen. Also, notice in the stats for nerds how when I change to embedded subs it doesn't even attempt to switch from auto-direct to transcoding.
  • Include the version of the server that you're using. This information can be found on the front page of the server's web dashboard. Server version 4.7.4.0
  • Some apps have their own logs (see EMC and Android TV section below).  For others, they may send logs to us automatically if there is a crash.  Please tell us as much about the scenario as you can to help us locate them. I couldn't find logs for the lg emby app, and doesn't look like the app crashes, it's just not showing the subs.

Let me know if you need anything else.