Custom Aeon Nox 5 MediaBrowser Skin

boywhosetsfire

boywhosetsfire

Hi,

Now also version 5 of Aeon Nox (XBMC/Kodi Gotham-only), modified for XBMB3C is available in the repository. By default the skin uses the Kodi-internal database for the sections "Music" and "Pictures", but you can change that to the Mediabrowser database in the settings as well.

Here's a short video which shows how the skin can look like right after installing it, especially the main menu without the need to configure anything manually:

http://youtu.be/4mpL23Ky1qo

Please excuse the watermark in the video of the screen capturing software :)

You can also find the latest version at Github:

Gotham: https://github.com/gelsner/Aeon-Nox/tree/gotham

Helix: https://github.com/gelsner/Aeon-Nox/tree/master

Feedback and bug reports are welcome!

Edited by boywhosetsfire
  • Like 2

im85288

Hi,

Great to see more skins arriving, I'll add it to the list in the other thread :)

I'm seeing it as marked as Incompatible when viewing it on my Kodi machine, having looked at your addon.xml it would need to have the minimum version as 5.3.0 so 

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0" />

But then it would not be Gotham compatible! Are you putting two versions out there

boywhosetsfire

Is 5.3.0 already Helix? Yeah, I will create a new version for it. But I'm a little bit confused about these versions. The original Gotham-Nox that I forked also has 5.0.0, I didn't change it. But the list I just found at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=addon.xml says Gotham needs at least 5.0.1. So I don't know why it was working for me at all :wacko: (I'm running Gotham 13.2)

• Like 1

grimfandango

Thanks for making this skin compatible with the MB3 server. The main issues I have at the moment.

I don't know how to change the background for the menus on the main screen that are using the MB3 Server. The xbmc dependant one's I can change as usual in skin settings (weather, system etc).

I am unable to stop books showing on the main screen without deleting it off the server.

I am unable to have 2 tabs on the main screen with the words TV in the title (TV shows & Recorded TV) the skin chooses one to display from the server. I have worked around this by deleting recorded TV from the server.

Overall it is working very well Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by grimfandango

xnappo

This may have been due to the 0.9.554 bug.  0.9.555 should be in the repo now - you might try it.  You may need to right click the repo and do a 'Force Update'.

xnappo

grimfandango

This may have been due to the 0.9.554 bug. 0.9.555 should be in the repo now - you might try it. You may need to right click the repo and do a 'Force Update'.

xnappo

Thanks for the tip.

I have done a forced update of the repo but I am still unable to change the background image on home menu items belonging to MB3 server or remove book.

I am trying out a few skins at the moment but I like this one for standard xbmc so I imagine it will eventually be the same for xbmb3c.

• Like 1

boywhosetsfire

Hi,

At the moment you can only hide "Collections" from the main menu in the skin settings, but I think I can also add that option for books.

The background images for the Mediabrowser sections you can't configure within XBMC, but within the metadata manager of Mediabrowser. Just define for the sections an image with the type "Backdrop" and it will be used in XBMC. I know it's not really consistent to the handling of the non-Mediabrowser-items in XBMC, but I wanted to make use of the advantage to configure it only once in the server and all clients get the same background images automatically. So, if you have several clients you don't need to configure it manually in all of them. That's why I chose that way.

Do you have more than 11 sections defined in Mediabrowser? That's right now the limit the skin can display. Otherwise I wouldn't understand why "TV shows & Recorded TV" don't appear both in your case, that should work without any problems.

• Like 1

grimfandango

Thanks for the reply And the help regarding backgrounds. As for the sections I only had 7 but deleting recorded TV is not a problem as it was empty (I created it with a view to storing live TV from my free view tuner but I still have TiVo and use that for live TV).

Thanks again for taking the time porting this skin to xbmb3c.

• Like 1

boywhosetsfire

I'm just uploading a new version in which you can hide each Mediabrowser section separately from the main menu, so you should also be able to use it for your books. Since I completely changed the handling you also have to hide your collections again.

grimfandango

I'm just uploading a new version in which you can hide each Mediabrowser section separately from the main menu, so you should also be able to use it for your books. Since I completely changed the handling you also have to hide your collections again.

Thanks a lot. The skin looking good and doing everything I need it to.

Really appreciate you making the changes.

Hi boywhosetsfire,

Thanks for porting NOX5 to make it XBMB3C compatible. NOX5 is my favourite skin now.

I would want to ask is it possible to add this view for TV Shows as well? This is the Bannerinfo view.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504&pid=1737703#pid1737703

Besides, would want to report an issue as well. If I disable the grouping of movies in skin setting, I couldn't enter the movie session via the home menu, however if I enable it, I can enter the movie session.

Thanks again for taking the time for the change.

boywhosetsfire

Hi,

Sure, I will add that viewtype, looks good I also didn't really like the current views for TV shows.

Concerning your bug report: strange... will check it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by boywhosetsfire

boywhosetsfire

@dc2325: I've just uploaded a new version to the repo which includes the viewtype BannerInfo. But I'm not able to reproduce your problem where you can't enter the section. Can you tell me which version of XBMB3C you're using?

boywhosetsfire

Just realized that I forgot a file when pushing the new version to the repository, so the update still wasn't available. Just fixed, so hopefully soon the new version becomes visible.

Hi,

Thanks! Will check for the update today.

For the issue i reported, I just did a quick re-installation of Kodi yesterday, somehow the issue was fixed. May be due to a bad setting anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...
dark_slayer

Hi, nice mod

I don't see this in the repo, but I installed it from your github page

Can you add the animated version of this mod http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198316 ??

It seems like a simple difference, so I tried myself but I broke something when trying and couldn't get the video info screen to load at all :(

I think it was a sorely lacking area of Nox5 to ignore discart so often, but that small mod made up for it

boywhosetsfire

Hi,

yeah, the video info screen had to be changed a lot to work with Mediabrowser, so you have to take a closer look to add mods here. I can add this one, but due to lack of time it will take a while.

memetopal

Hi, 

first of all thanks for this great mod. I was wondering if there is any way to stop the extrafanart rotation for movies and TV shows and just show their normal fanart. Original aeon nox has this option however in the mb3 mod they have no effect.

Also, is there any way to rearrange the position of items in the aeon nox main menu?

Thank you very much.

Edited by memetopal

boywhosetsfire

I'll add support for disabling backdrop rotation, but same problem as in the last weeks: no spare time, so it will take a while, sorry.

• 1 month later...
boywhosetsfire

I've just uploaded a Helix-compatible version of Nox5 to the repo (NOT the beta repo). Since I'm not using MediaBrowser at the moment there won't be any updates of it in the next time (except bugfixes), sorry.

Let me know if something doesn't work.

boywhosetsfire

Is the name of the skin that is listed as incompatible "Aeon Nox 5 XBMB3C"? That's the one for Gotham. Looks like I made a mistake at the upload. I'm trying to fix it, please check again in a few hours. The name of the Helix version should be "Aeon Nox 5 Mediabrowser".