Profile Picture wont update on the Emby Samsung Dashboard

AndyXH
Go to solution Solved by AndyXH,

AndyXH

Server 4.7.5.0

Emby APP 1.2.9

When I'm in the app the profile picture is correct but then I'm on the Samsung dashboard is shows an old picture. 

AndyXH

Hello!! Please see my picture. Sorry I don’t know what to call the bottom area 

Edited by AndreaXheli

SamES

@AndyX1, did you only recently change the profile image?

Just be aware that the Preview row you are referring to can only refresh while the app is running.  This means that if you make changes on the server or another client (such as changing the profile picture or watching some content) then the preview row doesn't update until you run the app on the TV.  

Even then, there are a few limitations.  An update will be triggered when a user signs in or out, the app becomes visible or is hidden, or a userdata change event is received from the server.

Finally, Samsung only allows the preview to be updated once approximately every 10-15 minutes.  This means that it can take this long for changes to be seen.  It's not perfect, but in most cases it's reasonably accurate and provides a good user experience.  Personally I use the User Profile image as a quick way to change users, and often use the Continue Watching items.

AndyXH

Hi @SamES no I changed the profile picture about 2 3 weeks ago and I thought maybe it takes a while I’m sorry but I can’t recall it happens before 1.2.9 and I think it did I also had the issue with 1.2.6. All other content updates perfectly no issues there just profile picture. I even did a complete sign out and removed the server and then singed back in and still sane results since it’s remote I’m using embys connect. 

SamES

OK, let me play with it here.  Maybe it's picking up a wrong image from somewhere.  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
SamES
On 30/06/2022 at 23:57, SamES said:

OK, let me play with it here.  Maybe it's picking up a wrong image from somewhere.  Thanks

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Is it still occurring with the latest USB version?

AndyXH

@SamES So from a remote tv outside my network if i setup the TV using the emby.media/pin the account picture comes out as the incorrect one and when i sign into the TV manually emby.server.com port 8920 is work correctly this only happens with  Emby Connect option 

SamES
2 hours ago, AndreaXheli said:

@SamES So from a remote tv outside my network if i setup the TV using the emby.media/pin the account picture comes out as the incorrect one and when i sign into the TV manually emby.server.com port 8920 is work correctly this only happens with  Emby Connect option 

Great, thanks for the update.  Let me see If I can reproduce that

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Can you try updating your profile picture on the server again to something different, then test this for a few days on the TV and see if it updates?

You can try this.  Start with a desktop browser to construct and test this URL, then try it in the browser on the tv.  

Construct a URL like this (use http or https depending on your server): 

https://{servername}:{port}/emby/Users/{userid}/Images/Primary?Height=250

You can get the userid from the end of the URL when you go to the change profile picture page on the server.

This should load the profile picture in the browser.  Which picture do you get in the browser on the TV?

this what i got. ops i tired it via web on computer 

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Edited by AndreaXheli

When I test this, I just have 32 alpha/numeric without any dashes.

Try this.  Make sure debug logging is on. 

Use the app for a while, show and hide the preview (by pressing the home screen) while the app is loaded.  Keep the app running for 15 minutes, then show and hide the preview again.

Search you server log for this line

/Images/Primary?Height=250

Grab that whole url, update the servername and port, then try it.

If you can get it to work in the browser on a PC, then from the browser, please save the image to your local disk.  Then can you let me now the file format, size and height/width of the image from the server.

Thank you @SamESWorking on that also what i noticed was when i click on the image it take me the a login screen to manually enter my stuff. Please see recording. When i click on the emby icon it logs me in right way but when i go to the icon that's incorrect it dose not now this only happens when im remote and when i connect via the emby quick connect option if i do a manual setup no issues 

Edited by AndreaXheli

Thank you @SamESWorking on that also what i noticed was when i click on the image it take me the a login screen to manually enter my stuff. Please see recording. When i click on the emby icon it logs me in right way but when i go to the icon that's incorrect it dose not now this only happens when im remote and when i connect via the emby quick connect option if i do a manual setup no issues 

Also i check and im getting the correct image under the logs https://emby.server.com/:8920/emby/Users/bd7a18fa64db46bf90f4ab135fa46209/Images/Primary?height=76&tag=3b86f4ad72e18b60fda46278c573e42c&quality=90

17 hours ago, AndreaXheli said:

What you're are seeing is correct.  If you Click on the Emby app one the home screen it will as normal, but selecting the user image from the Preview row, it takes you to the login screen.  If you have multiple user then this is a quick way to switch users.

17 hours ago, AndreaXheli said:

Can you send me a copy of the image you have set as your profile on the server?  I'm beginning to think it might not be in a format that that is supported in the preview.  If you try some different images (try a simple png image), does it work? 

Don't worry about sending me an image for now.  I've made a small change, let's see if that resolves it in the next release

• Like 1

Ahh okay that makes sense now about selecting the user icon from the home screen I never knew that thanks for explaining. Okay sounds good let me know if you need anything else from me 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...