Added Media Layout on left side

AndyXH

AndyXH

HI all.

I was think it would be nice to have a for the media folders on the left hand side similar to what plex is doing. That layout dose stay open all the time once you shift to the left it opens and then we can select Movies, TV Shows, ETC

Maybe similar to the Emby Webapp 

image.thumb.png.1ede1e0d85eb3be04bd9cc67bdd22464.png

image.png.0d275146ed8daca679c5602f189fde1a.png

AndyXH

I think it would look really clean\sharp. Please see blow with no My Media section on top. 

image.thumb.jpeg.90cdd96260c312956c0ae8a4b7b95e5c.jpeg

cassete

I found very interesting. It could also be added another way to browse the content. For example Prime Video and other apps. Remove the cover on the left side, and leaving the screen wider with title, synopsis, and other metadata. When browsing the titles, on the bottom line, go already showing the image from the top right side etc... as in prime video. great. Also, removing the title from my media, I find it very unnecessary.

AMAZON PRIME VIDEO NA SAMART TV.mkv

Edited by cassete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyX1 said:

That's not bad also. What about putting it on top like so 

image.png.b88e3f2db6f0d2f0babe6b904a6bb887.png

The horizontal home screen option does that, although it comes with other drawbacks. The main problem is that it won't look great if there is a large number of libraries.

AndyXH

Yup, i did see that but it looks more organized with this current view. I did try the horizontal home screen but i didn't like it so much. I'm sorry :( but it dose look really nice. 

I just tried it out one more time the only thing i wish it had was the continue watching it was the first tab. 

Edited by AndyX1

cassete

Hello
The image you sent is also very good, I made these changes. but, it's still not what I'm looking for. as you saw in the video I sent, I believe that soon the emby team will make the changes to a nice layout, in the standards of HBO, Disney, Prime Video and maybe even Netflix (I don't like netflix) just the way to browse altogether. Thanks my friend for the suggestion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Excelente,  vamos aguardar o Luke se posicionar a respeito de quando está atualização/mudança ocorrera. 

Marcelo, brazil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...