Downloads do not work

jakehillion

jakehillion

I appreciate this is an unhelpful title, but it's the best description.

I have an iPad Pro running Emby and a MacBook Pro which also has the app installed (among other non-Apple devices). The first huge issue with downloads is that selecting media for download on my iPad adds it to the downloads on my MacBook. Selecting media for download on my MacBook also adds it to my MacBook, so there is no way to add media for download on my iPad without removing my MacBook. This is a huge issue!

Secondly, media never downloads. It immediately becomes ready for transfer, and never does, even over multiple days. This was previously reported:

And the answer was unimpressive - even with Emby foregrounded and the iPad unlocked it never downloads. As others have said, this is a premium feature, and if it doesn't work/get a decent response soon, I'll have to cancel Emby premiere. I'm otherwise very impressed with the software, it's clean and works well, but this is a dealbreaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, please try the new Emby for iOS 2.1.8 update and let us know if this helps with this issue.

You want want to cancel existing download jobs on the server and recreate them. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.