Old HDHR Dual's - Native in Emby - Not working

vaise

vaise

I have been using three HDHR Duals behing TVHeadend, then the TVH M3U is in emby, and all has been fine for years.

Today I thought I would give emby native recording to HDHR Duals another chance as it has been a few years since I last tried this.  I removed the m3u, added the three tuners, sorted all my channels and xml guide, played every channel to make sure it was working.  All good I thought...........

The very first recording at 18:30 did not do anything.

It says it fired in the logs - but no errors :

2022-06-27 18:30:00.009 Info LiveTV: Found existing series based on path: 1650234
2022-06-27 18:30:00.009 Info LiveTV: Found existing series based on path: The Project
2022-06-27 18:30:00.010 Info LiveTV: Getting media sources for recording from channel 1652329 10HD Gold Coast to record to /mnt/user/EmbyRecordingsSSD/The Project/Season 13/The Project S13E126.ts
2022-06-27 18:30:00.010 Info LiveTV: Opening live stream for recording from channel 1652329 10HD Gold Coast to /mnt/user/EmbyRecordingsSSD/The Project/Season 13/The Project S13E126.ts

But the ts file is not produced in the folder - /mnt/user/EmbyRecordingsSSD/The Project/Season 13/The Project S13E126.ts

The wife's reality TV stuff is due to start soon and boy am I going to be in trouble if that also does not work.

Where should I go to try and fault find this ? 

vaise

I just restarted emby, and then the two scheduled recordings started.......

Will be monitoring this closely.

• Thanks 1

vaise

It did continue on and record the next two shows fine.  

Fingers crossed that first hiccup was a one time glitch.

Proof in the pudding will be when mutlple things are recording at the same time, with padding for each so many tuners needed at once.

I will simulate that today as a test - before it is needed.

• Thanks 1

vaise

Tonight, sat down to chase play the new on 10HD, and instead it is recording a completely different channel.

It it recording 10 BOLD - I have never recording anything from 10 BOLD before.

Seem I am going to have to play close attention to this going forward.

See below :

image.png.ab289eb331add22452ab4c6fbbd67418.png

The Project is what I want - but it is NOT on that channel - it is on 10HD.

vaise

Bit more on this - seems the XML guide update is stuffed, the 10HS programmes were ALSO added to 10 BOLD, and as the recording said 'Any Channel', it picked the wrong one.

So not really emby's fault.  I will go and hard code the actual channels in all the recordings.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
vaise

Just wanted to put this to bed.

Emby has been bulletproof on this native recording now - so much so that I am confident I can remove the 'currently stopped' TVHeadend docker.

I have had zero issues since the first hiccup.

• Thanks 2