Server Unresponsive/Hangs

Edgephoto

Edgephoto

I am also experiencing serious slow response and freezes. I have to restart the server software often and many times it still is so slow my friends can't connect. I had this issue running 4.7.1 on a 2010 Mac Pro. Since there are 3 updates past this version and the computer is getting old I decided to buy a brand New Mac Mini M1. I am still experiencing slow response/freezing. Basically Emby is completely useless as I can't connect from my AppleTV or FireStick nor can any of my friends.

I have attached a log. The only software running on this brand new computer is Emby. 

embyserver-63791783811.txt

Hi @Edgephoto you had a library scan of a TV series occurring which probes media files and this is likely the issue. I suspect before and after this operation there probably wasn't an issue.

Edgephoto

Well I just recently decided to try Emby. I setup a couple of libraries on my old Mac Pro. It was crashing and when it worked it was very slow to respond. I could not upgrade past 4.7.1 so I picked up a Mac Mini M1 to run it all by itself. I setup some libraries and was having issues. This is why I posted.

Today Emby seems to be working fine. Must have just been downloading metadata for the last couple days. My TV Show library is about 2000 shows with 80,000 episodes and my movie library is just under 10,000 movies. 

I will see how things go over the next few days.

Thanks for getting back to me.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, Edgephoto said:

Well I just recently decided to try Emby. I setup a couple of libraries on my old Mac Pro. It was crashing and when it worked it was very slow to respond. I could not upgrade past 4.7.1 so I picked up a Mac Mini M1 to run it all by itself. I setup some libraries and was having issues. This is why I posted.

Today Emby seems to be working fine. Must have just been downloading metadata for the last couple days. My TV Show library is about 2000 shows with 80,000 episodes and my movie library is just under 10,000 movies. 

I will see how things go over the next few days.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Let us know how things go.