Difference between Skip intro build-in and plugin

averon

averon

Hello, I am confused.

I noticed emby has now skip intro, when browsing the plugins, I noticed there's also a plugin now. Can someone explain me, if its the same, or where the difference is?

Side question, (I guess, I already know the answer, but anyway) Is it possible to use skip-intro feature while casting to embycon/chromecast? and if "no" would it be possible to skip the intro automatically triggered by emby server itself?

Cheers

rbjtech
10 hours ago, averon said:

Side question, (I guess, I already know the answer, but anyway) Is it possible to use skip-intro feature while casting to embycon/chromecast? and if "no" would it be possible to skip the intro automatically triggered by emby server itself?

On the 2nd point - embycon is good but we have not had any users test Chromecast - Please let us know and we'll update the matrix below :)

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/8.-Emby-Client-Compatibility-List

averon
On 6/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, rbjtech said:

On the 2nd point - embycon is good but we have not had any users test Chromecast - Please let us know and we'll update the matrix below :)

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/8.-Emby-Client-Compatibility-List

Hello, not sure what I do wrong, but I can't get intro-skip plugin working with embycon on kodi.

• I have the plugin installed and it works with android client to skip intros
  • I enabled auto-skip in the client, from where I control embycon
  • I installed Kodi Companion on Emby server

What do I miss?

rbjtech
On 30/06/2022 at 09:26, averon said:

Hello, not sure what I do wrong, but I can't get intro-skip plugin working with embycon on kodi.

• I have the plugin installed and it works with android client to skip intros
  • I enabled auto-skip in the client, from where I control embycon
  • I installed Kodi Companion on Emby server

What do I miss?

A good question - we got the info from other users that it worked, but just took their word for it I'm afraid - we do not run Kodi/Embcon ourselves.

Maybe somebody who runs Kodi/embycon can help out here..

If it doesn't work (and needs a real emby client) then my apologies and I will remove it from the support list. :(

averon
8 hours ago, rbjtech said:

A good question - we got the info from other users that it worked, but just took their word for it I'm afraid - we do not run Kodi/Embcon ourselves.

Maybe somebody who runs Kodi/embycon can help out here..

If it doesn't work (and needs a real emby client) then my apologies and I will remove it from the support list. :(

Well, I would love to get it to work. If you could ask those who said it worked, that would be awesome to figure out what I do wrong.

TeamB

if you want someone to dig into this a little post over on the EmbyCon forum and I will see what I can find out.