Shadow of Mordor = Awesome (watch the gameplay)

shaefurr

shaefurr

So I just started playing this about 2 hours ago, and its just so awesome I had to take a vid. I've tried most Lord of the Rings games and am usually not very impressed by them.. until now. I'm only about 4% in and really haven't unlocked anything yet, but the combat is just so fun! Reminds me of what you would expect in a newer action game mixed with Assassins Creed. Anyway if you haven't seen it yet, check out the gameplay.

[Youtube]

• Like 1

DGMayor

Just started it last night, but only got to play maybe 30 minutes.  This is one I bought a new system for, and so far I'm not let down.

shaefurr

Yeah pretty soon here ill need a new rig, or at least a new GPU. This 560 Ti is finally starting to show its age. I cant play Mordor on high settings or I only get 30 fps :(

And overclocking it has started to cause it to freeze up so I have to run it at the stock speed, I guess running it at 25% OC for years on end took its toll.

Scott84Z28

I'm still stuck on a pair of 260GTX in SLI.  Makes for pretty 3 monitor fun, but no wheres near the performance or a newer card.  Mine makes your 560 Ti look pretty modern.

That being said, my work laptop has a Quadro K3000M which runs everything nice and smooth. ;)

Cheesegeezer

Yeah pretty soon here ill need a new rig

Fancy this one?  :lol:

LUoH4Yu.jpg

• Like 2

shaefurr

Yeah it is, my game folder is 31.5GB. My 1TB drive for games is full so I had to start installing them on a 2nd drive :P

DGMayor

Yeah pretty soon here ill need a new rig, or at least a new GPU. This 560 Ti is finally starting to show its age. I cant play Mordor on high settings or I only get 30 fps :(

And overclocking it has started to cause it to freeze up so I have to run it at the stock speed, I guess running it at 25% OC for years on end took its toll.

I'm playing on XB1.  I gave up PC gaming a few years ago. Just can't keep upgrading and upgrading.   When my first kid was about 1 I upgraded my main into a decent HTPC and that's it for a while for me.  Eventually I'll get back to it, but I'm in a small two bedroom townhouse with two kids (boy and girl), so ...yeah you do the math.  Not enough bedrooms and no room for me lol.  I miss having a computer and a desk for myself! :)

shaefurr

Yeah I have 4 kids so I know what you mean lol. And a desk would be nice, I PC game on my TV :P

DGMayor

Yeah I have 4 kids so I know what you mean lol. And a desk would be nice, I PC game on my TV :P

I did that for a while too,but at the time I was playing MMO's and it wasn't always easy reading stuff, and I hated having to adjust the UI to the point where you could only see two lines at a time in chat so I could read it from the couch lol.

shaefurr

Lol ya I know that problem, I can't see anything like mmo chat from my couch, so I sit in my computer chair in front of the tv lol, at least for keyboard /mouse games anyway.

You know what I want. The setup from Prometheus with a huge curved wall screen with a couch right in front, that would be awesome lol

Sent from my lumia icon

Glyde62

I played 10 or 15 minutes and seems great so far

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

Edited by Glyde62