Collection tab on tvshow libraries

Bagul

Bagul

Hey! 

I've seen several threads about this feature but I didn't see any in the features requests section (sorry if it's a duplicate I may not have looked well). 

I would like to have a way to display only the series collections like for the movies with the collection tab. Displaying them directly in the middle of the series is not what I want even if for the moment there is only this solution.

Several solutions could be implemented like 
- The addition of an extra tab (it will be too many tabs).
- The choice of tabs displayed to remove and put others
- Remove the tabs collection button and create a button underneath (I don't know, I'm proposing things ahah)
etc...

I don't know how it could be implemented I trust you completely to find the best way (if it validated to be implemented). 

• Agree 1

Bagul
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's on the to do list. Thanks for the feedback.

Ah cool thanks for the information !

• 3 months later...
Bagul

Hey ! 
Thanks again for adding the tab ! :) 
Is it possible to display only the media related to the library we clicked on?
For example for the animation series, if I go to the collection tab and I click on a collection I get all the medias of the collection and not just the animation series. 

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Hey ! 
Thanks again for adding the tab ! :) 
Is it possible to display only the media related to the library we clicked on?
For example for the animation series, if I go to the collection tab and I click on a collection I get all the medias of the collection and not just the animation series. 

You have specific examples as library collections tab is restricted by parentid.  Only cross library Collections I see are if the Collection itself has items from multiple libraries, so the collection shows in all libraries it has media from.

Bagul
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You have specific examples as library collections tab is restricted by parentid.  Only cross library Collections I see are if the Collection itself has items from multiple libraries, so the collection shows in all libraries it has media from.

If I click on the animation series collection tab I can only see collections that contain animation series.

image.thumb.png.077f9da3ed25cb275b593f5afd845594.png

But if I click on a collection I end up with items from another library (series in addition to animation series).

image.thumb.png.646c3365c5f942b49e661e3a7f4991ce.png

Happy2Play

@Bagul The Collection itself has items from that library, correct? 

When you enter a Collection, you are no longer limited by library parentid and are presented with all items that you have designated as part of the Collection.

So you want to maintain a library parentid restriction when entering a Collection?  Sort of limiting how to see all items that are in that collection though.

Custom Collections are not library specific.

Since there is talk of Home Screen Collections library going way or brainstorming of a new method you would be limited with your suggested route.

Edited by Happy2Play

Bagul

@Bagul The Collection itself has items from that library, correct? 

Yeah.

When you enter a Collection, you are no longer limited by library parentid and are presented with all items that you have designated as part of the Collection.

So you want to maintain a library parentid restriction when entering a Collection?  Sort of limiting how to see all items that are in that collection though.

In fact, if I click on a library it is to see the elements of this library (this is my opinion of course) and not the media of other libraries.

Happy2Play

@Bagul Can see pros and cons either way.  But in the end will have to hear what the devs think and if it needs to be its own feature request as this one is complete.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

Bagul
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Bagul Can see pros and cons either way.  But in the end will have to hear what the devs think and if it needs to be its own feature request as this one is complete.

Yes, of course. I will open a new feature request if it is necessary, it was mainly to see what the devs thought about it. Thanks for your answer.  :)