movies identify feature is not updated anymore

NivX
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I'm using Emby for more than 3 years, and for some reason after one of the latest updates, when I insert new movies to my local library, the Emby does not recognize it automatic, so i press right click and identify, and choose the correct movie. however it's only replace the posters, but all the metadata is not updating at all. something that worked in the past..

I've try to refresh the meta data with no success, and refreshing the whole server, still - no success.

*Edit - upload the logs file

thanks in advance

EmbyIssue.png

hardware_detection-63791765894.txt embyserver (1).txt

Edited by NivX

GrimReaper

Sounds as if you're not reaching the provider, network issue from your side or provider temporary down. In any case, timeouts would be visible in the logs, recreate the issue by adding/identifying an item and then post server log. 

Edited by GrimReaper

found this error:

2022-06-25 17:19:30.593 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for N:\Emby\Movies\Kingsman.The.Secret.Service.2014.UNCUT.1080p\Kingsman.The.Secret.Service.2014.UNCUT.1080p.BluRay.x265-RARBG.mp4
2022-06-25 17:19:30.594 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.4.0
Command line: C:\Users\Niv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
Framework: .NET 6.0.5
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: C:/Users/Niv/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Data path: C:\Users\Niv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application path: C:\Users\Niv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'name')
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionHelper.AddCollection(List`1 current, LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.AddCollectionInfo(LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.ProcessMainInfo(MetadataResult`1 resultItem, TmdbSettingsResult settings, String preferredCountryCode, CompleteMovieData movieData)
at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: MediaBrowser.Controller
TargetSite: Boolean AddCollection(System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo], MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo)

rbjtech

The Film in question was release in 2015 ... the filename may be throwing off the detection ..

what do you mean? I've try three different films, all of their metadata are not being updated.

also, even when i add the IMDB ID or TheMovieDB manually, it's still failed to update

Edited by NivX

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, NivX said:

iv'e also added manually the ID from the provider, still not metadata

Yeah, your logs are filled with TMDB errors, but not timeouts, my guess would be something with TMDB plugin. Since it's failing on regular query, you can't manually identify either. 

@Luke, same errors observed in Auto-grouping thread:

Considering users are reporting issues there (that plugin is based on providerid matching), it can be safely assumed that it has something to do with TMDB, were there any changes to TMDB plugin recently? 

Edit: And another topic with same issue:

Edited by GrimReaper
Link

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, NivX said:

not something that i did manually. could be some of the recent updates?

Nah, don't think it's anything from your side, that's several reports in multiple topics over short timespan today, as said above, I'd say it's some systemic error, Dev input is required. 

• Solution

Version 1.5.8 of the MovieDb plugin should resolve this. Thanks.

MangoMC
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Version 1.5.8 of the MovieDb plugin should resolve this. Thanks.

Yes. Its working again. Thanks for that fast fix 

• Thanks 1