How can I make one emby server install work for all users on one PC

Ronstang

Ronstang

I made a mistake the other day and installed emby server on an administrator account that I intend to delete.  It took me a while to get it working properly and I don't want to do it all over again.  Is there an easy way to just migrate this install to the second administrator account that will be the only account on this computer once I get everything moved and working?

Thanks

Happy2Play

Correct you would migrate the entire Emby-Server folder from one profile to the other.

Or install on second admin account and copy/move the Emby-Server/programdata folder from one account to the other.

%appdata%\Emby-Server

• Agree 1

Ronstang

I had already done that as I thought that was where to start, actually I just copied the whole thing over so it still works on the one account for now.....so if I now delete the other admin account leaving only this account on the computer and reboot emby will automatically start on it's own without any further action on my part.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

I had already done that as I thought that was where to start, actually I just copied the whole thing over so it still works on the one account for now.....so if I now delete the other admin account leaving only this account on the computer and reboot emby will automatically start on it's own without any further action on my part.

Well you have to do this to run as a service.

Emby Running Emby Server as a Windows Service :