How can I add specific quality of series to collection?

Phone Guy

Phone Guy

I have a few series I like to play on random, so I have created a collection with the different series included within. The issue is I happen to have these series in different qualities (720p/1080p/4k).  I am using Windows emby server and Emby in Media Center client on Media Center in Windows 10.  The problem is the Emby client flattens all qualities into the series title, so Star Trek (as an example) doesn't show me in windows media center, the quality I am adding to the collection (or the one playing either for that matter).  The qualities are separated into different folders (TNG 720p, TNG 1080p) etc. But I can't seem to figure out how to only add the 1080p or 4k (or whatever) to the collection I want to play on random.  (I hope this makes sense)..... On the same topic, I wish emby client for media center showed the difference (icon) between a 4k and 1080p file, but thats another issue.

Any Guidance?  I feel this is a simple task, and its user error. @Happy2Play

Happy2Play

If your Series are merging all versions, then there is no way to select a specific version to show in a Collection as one item will present all versions.

Your versions would each have to appear separately in order to assign a specific version/quality to a Collection.  

TV Show Library option

Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders
If enabled, series that are spread across multiple folders within this library will be automatically merged into a single series

Basically, this option will cause there to be only one itemid for the Show vs each quality having their own itemid to be linked to a Collection.

Edited by Happy2Play