[SOLVED] Trakt not syncing (it was Trakt's fault)

StevenDTX

MRobi

Check with Trakt support. They may have disabled your account due to too many API calls. They'll usually reset the call count and get you working again. 

This has happened to a few of us. Just know Trakt support could take a month to get back to you. In that time I just created a new trakt account, ran the sync task and never thought of it again.

• Thanks 1

StevenDTX
36 minutes ago, MRobi said:

Check with Trakt support. They may have disabled your account due to too many API calls. They'll usually reset the call count and get you working again. 

This has happened to a few of us. Just know Trakt support could take a month to get back to you. In that time I just created a new trakt account, ran the sync task and never thought of it again.

Thanks. I will hit them up.  I have 10 years of history, and a paid VIP membership. I am in no way considering a new account.

13 hours ago, StevenDTX said:

However, that does not answer why I cannot enable debug logging.

HI, what exactly happens when you try?

MRobi
On 24/06/2022 at 10:49, StevenDTX said:

Thanks. I will hit them up.  I have 10 years of history, and a paid VIP membership. I am in no way considering a new account.

Nope, don't blame you there. Just be warned, it was almost a solid month before somebody from support responded to me and unlocked the api access.

StevenDTX
On 6/24/2022 at 10:14 PM, Luke said:

HI, what exactly happens when you try?

See the imgur link in my first post.  That being said, the Trakt plugin updated and that option is no longer there.

StevenDTX
On 6/26/2022 at 7:23 PM, MRobi said:

Nope, don't blame you there. Just be warned, it was almost a solid month before somebody from support responded to me and unlocked the api access.

Thanks for the heads up. I submitted a ticket and they re-enabled my account on Monday.  I sure wish the would have notified me.

The basically said that between Emby and Plex, too many API calls were happening and I ended up with a lot of duplicate "stuff".  They de-duped it for me. Again, would have nice if they would have notified me, especially since I have paid them for VIP for the last 10 years.

• Thanks 1

MRobi
On 29/06/2022 at 21:22, StevenDTX said:

Thanks for the heads up. I submitted a ticket and they re-enabled my account on Monday.  I sure wish the would have notified me.

The basically said that between Emby and Plex, too many API calls were happening and I ended up with a lot of duplicate "stuff".  They de-duped it for me. Again, would have nice if they would have notified me, especially since I have paid them for VIP for the last 10 years.

I run Emby as my primary server, but I also have a beta emby server running as well as a Plex server and Jellyfin server as "backups" (aka for me to play with LOL). I use trakt to keep watch state in sync between all of them. They also pointed the finger at Emby when they replied to me, but I'm now wondering if the common link with this issue is running it on multiple servers. 

• 4 months later...
StevenDTX
10 hours ago, Luke said:

@StevenDTX @MRobi

Hi, please try the 3.6.3 update to the Emby Trakt plugin and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

It appears to be working fine. I was already on 3.6.3. Not sure when it updated.  Is there something specific you are looking for?