Live TV Metadata/Cache

andrewkhunn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

andrewkhunn

I have been fixing channel icons in my M3U data upstream of Emby (which I have verified by opening the M3U in a text editor), but absolutely cannot get them to show up in place of the old referenced URLs. Tried clearing cache/metadata in the Emby Server install location, as well as adding/removing/refreshing Live TV tuner/guide multiple times.

If you have an advice what's going on and how I can make the current M3U data authoritative, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

Hello andrewkhunn,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, the server doesn't replace existing channel images, so what you could do is delete the existing ones using the image editor and then run the refresh guide scheduled task.

andrewkhunn

I mean, several of the images I've fixed were initially broken image links. So, in those cases, it is quite impossible for me to delete the channel icon in the image editor to get a guide refresh to update.

Is there not some method to clear out all the live tv image/metadata/cache?

Edited by andrewkhunn

andrewkhunn

Deleting a channel icon via the image editor and then refreshing guide data did not work for channels that previously had valid image urls, but I had subsequently updated.

4 minutes ago, andrewkhunn said:

Deleting a channel icon via the image editor and then refreshing guide data did not work for channels that previously had valid image urls, but I had subsequently updated.

Hi, this should always work, so let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

Can you please also provide screenshots and discussion of the example, showing me exactly what you did? Thanks.

andrewkhunn

For the log I just uploaded:

1. Navigate to Server > Live TV > Channels
  2. ... > Edit Images on channel I wish to refresh icon
  3. Delete current channel icon in popup
  4. Back to Setup in the top navigation and click on "Refresh Guide Data"

Screenshot 2022-06-23 154711.png

Screenshot 2022-06-23 154740.png

Screenshot 2022-06-23 154804.png

andrewkhunn

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. The XML guide data does indeed include references to the old channel icon URLs.

• Solution

Ok so it's been on my to-do list for a while to add an option to indicate a preference for the logo source in the event that both the tuner and epg supply icons. I'll try to get it in soon.

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...

I'm curious if this was ever implemented? I'm dealing with a similar situation where it appears that the guide data image urls take priority over the m3u. 

19 hours ago, bruor said:

I'm curious if this was ever implemented? I'm dealing with a similar situation where it appears that the guide data image urls take priority over the m3u. 

Hi, if you're referring to this:

Ok so it's been on my to-do list for a while to add an option to indicate a preference for the logo source in the event that both the tuner and epg supply icons. I'll try to get it in soon.

Not yet. On the to do list.