Web App Casting - Song Level Shuffle Won't Start

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

When I go to my Music library, then the Songs tab... if I'm casting to my Google Home device and click Shuffle, it doesn't start.  If I'm not casting (just playing through my laptop speakers) it works fine.  Attached is a log.  Around 08:58:16.101 is an example of music playback working correctly without casting.  I tried casting and clicking Shuffle a few times after that and cannot find any acknowledgement of playback starting, or trying to start, in the log but you guys can probably read it better than me.

I have 13,600 songs in the song tab.  Maybe it's a volume issue trying to shuffle all of that and feed the play queue to the Google Home device?

Server Version 4.7.4.0

image.thumb.png.42b86c7e46bb791f4d49fc544a22fc36.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by Dreakon13

MBSki

It could be because of the number of items. I've had similar issues trying to playback a playlist of 1,000 items or more. Have you tried a list that's less than 500 items?

Dreakon13
5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

It could be because of the number of items. I've had similar issues trying to playback a playlist of 1,000 items or more. Have you tried a list that's less than 500 items?

I've definitely had issues in the past trying to play/shuffle large playlists while casting.  I think I hit a wall around 200 items maybe?  In this case I don't really have anything in particular that I'd like to listen to, or else I'd make/use a more curated list.  Would enjoy the ability to hit my entire library, while casting.

Even if Chromecast has a limit, truncating the queue it receives (maybe cap it at 200) seems better than not playing anything.  Though probably easier said than done.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Agree 1

MBSki
5 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Even if Chromecast has a limit, truncating the queue it receives (maybe cap it at 200) seems better than not playing anything.  Though probably easier said than done.

That is exactly what I suggested in the thread below, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

• 2 weeks later...