Scheduled tasks takes forever

Bazzu85

Bazzu85

Hi,

here's the situation.

3 libraries are configured to detect the intro skip markers so I know that this is a long way to have all working.

The option is activated like this:

image.png.bfd5fc1730cd406022fa902e7b460e18.png

When I first activate the option the only scheduled task I saw was the Scan Media Library one and running it taked forever.

Now I see this scheduled task

image.png.1888fb7869af5f6ba922c76075f47500.png

And both the scheduled task takes forever. This morning I found both running. The question so is...

which scheduled task detect the markers? Why both are taking forever? 

if you need some other infos please ask, ty

Edited by Bazzu85

Bazzu85

Additional info.

I tried running the task separatelly.

The scan media library one stuck at 87.6% and checking the log I see that was doing this for example:

2022-06-23 09:20:02.867 Info App: Best title sequence for H:\Anime\xxxxx is 00:00:00 - 00:01:29.1791044. Confidence: 0.9

The detect episode intros one do this:

2022-06-23 09:23:45.040 Info App: Detecting markers for H:\Anime\xxxxxx

2022-06-23 09:23:49.107 Info App: Best title sequence for H:\Anime\xxxxxx is 00:00:34.8258706 - 00:02:16.1940298. Confidence: 0.9600000000000001

Why the markers are grabbing from both? is this a bug? How can I avoid?

Hi, the scan is not stuck but is just taking a long time. I would just be patient and allow it to finish.

For faster scans maybe configure markers to be detected during the scheduled task only.

Bazzu85
On 23/06/2022 at 17:14, Luke said:

Hi, the scan is not stuck but is just taking a long time. I would just be patient and allow it to finish.

For faster scans maybe configure markers to be detected during the scheduled task only.

Can you so explain the difference between

- as a scheduled task

- as a scheduled task and when the media is added?

Why the "scan media library" scheduled task is involved in the second option?

additionally now this is the situation

- The "Detect episode intros" task finished the first time and running again takes approximately 2 minutes

- I now stopped the "Scan media library" task the was running from 7+ hours and was at 89.9%. I relaunched now hoping that it finish in the next 24 hours

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Do you have the skip intros plug-in installed as well?

Nope, never installed.

Bazzu85

After 6 hours the scan media library is still running

image.png.6cbbf7e5afaab2558e931c9a581f4330.png

I see many entries in log saying

Info App: Best title sequence for H:\xxxxxx.mkv is 00:00:00 - 00:01:11.5174129. Confidence: 0.9

What's referring it about? the xxxxxx.mkv files was already in library so I think that the skip intro markers are grabbed from the specific scheduled task..

Edited by Bazzu85
add info

20 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

Can you so explain the difference between

- as a scheduled task

- as a scheduled task and when the media is added?

If you select the first option, the detection will ONLY run on the schedule you define for that task.

However, if you select the second option, it will run at that schedule AND during a library scan when new media is added. 

If you are concerned with your library scan taking too long, select the first option - and you can also limit the amount of time the task runs.

Bazzu85
1 hour ago, ebr said:

If you select the first option, the detection will ONLY run on the schedule you define for that task.

However, if you select the second option, it will run at that schedule AND during a library scan when new media is added. 

If you are concerned with your library scan taking too long, select the first option - and you can also limit the amount of time the task runs.

Thx for the reply.

At the moment I selected to use only scheduled task like luke suggested.

What I want to understand it's the timings using intro skip scheduled task and library scan 

If the intro skip scheduled task takes about two minutes (all available markers are evaluated so), why the library scan takes forever?

In my understanding the library scan doesn't need to evaluate intro skip markers as the previous task did the work..

The files need to be probed for media info first before intros can be detected, so that's probably why the task finished so quickly, because there were lots of files that weren't ready for intro detection.

Bazzu85

Here's the situation.

image.png.0871f8baf7b1f7d1a9ea664d2eb0d339.png

All libraries are set to grab the intro marker's with only scheduled task.

I didn't added files. If I activate this for one library

image.png.e97fb9abdeb8c5d110e8252449457b34.png

The scan media library takes forever..

I'll update the post in next hours adding logs of what's the task is doing..

edit after 4 hours:

I setted the scheduled task+when media is added to all my wanted library and launched some library scan..

this time the task completed in about 15 minutes..so it's now ok..

I'll update if I have other issues, thx

Edited by Bazzu85
update

The scan media library takes forever..

This is expected, on a one-time basis at least. The help text indicates this, no?

Bazzu85
10 hours ago, Luke said:

This is expected, on a one-time basis at least. The help text indicates this, no?

Not in my case..

here's the order:

1. Setted all libraries with only scheduled task intro detect
  2. Launched the "Detect episode intro" task and waited to finish
  3. Launched the library scan and taked a short time (15 minutes)
  4. Activated the "scheduled task + when media added" options in 3 library (cartoons anime and tv shows)
  5. Launched the library scan and is taking hours to finish..

so I don't know what's the point 5 library is doing..

image.png.d824e4cf1834e364187de5bb7562ed4b.png

it was at 94.8% when I cancelled to reboot the server..

Edited by Bazzu85

But the help text does indicate that scans will take considerably longer, right?

Bazzu85
59 minutes ago, Luke said:

But the help text does indicate that scans will take considerably longer, right?

Yes, the help text say this.

My questions are to evaluate which option to maintain for all libraries.

Using the scheduled task only the "detect episode intros" task is the only one involved. The library scan is almost quick (I have a lot of medias).

Using the scheduled task+when media is added 'cause the "detect episode intros" task do is work and the library scan takes hours. And I don't understand the reason.

I'm insisting on this to understand what's under the hood and maybe resolve a possible server problem.

Because it means the the library scan might end up doing the same work as the scheduled task. It's just a matter of which one gets to it first. You have to evaluate the two options and choose which one you prefer.

Bazzu85
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Because it means the the library scan might end up doing the same work as the scheduled task. It's just a matter of which one gets to it first. You have to evaluate the two options and choose which one you prefer.

Even if the "detect episode intros" task run and finish before launching the library scan?

Yes, I already answered it before.

On 6/25/2022 at 12:32 PM, Luke said:

The files need to be probed for media info first before intros can be detected, so that's probably why the task finished so quickly, because there were lots of files that weren't ready for intro detection.

Bazzu85
55 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, I already answered it before.

I miss some pieces sorry..

If you set to only use the scheduled task and in order 

1. Launch the "detect episode intros" task and wait to finish

2. Launch the library scan

All intros are evaluated or something can be still "in evaluation"?

Note that the "detect episode intros" task after the library scan is very quick..

Bazzu85
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes If one gets to it first, then the other might run quicker. 

OK, I'll try to be more detailed on what I have done so far 

1. Setted 3 libraries with only scheduled task option for intros
  2. Run the detect episode intro task and wait it to end
  3. After some minutes started the library scan that takes 15+ minutes and ended well
  4. After some minutes runner the detect episode intro task again that takes some seconds. 

At this point all episode intro are evaluated.. Correct? 

Let's take to the next part.... 

1. After some minutes from previous point 4,  setted 3 libraries (the same of previous point 1) to grab the intros with scheduled task+when media is added. 
  2. Run the detect episode intro task and wait it to end (quick) 
  3. After some minutes started the library scan that takes forever and I don't know what's doing.. 

Bazzu85

@Luke I have this setted:

image.png.6741a2823f2e88803f50c3924b2d5069.png

is it possible that the series that need to be processed again after this 30 days period, need to be analysed again by ffprobe? and the markers too?

9 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

@Luke I have this setted:

image.png.6741a2823f2e88803f50c3924b2d5069.png

is it possible that the series that need to be processed again after this 30 days period, need to be analysed again by ffprobe? and the markers too?

That will cause it to probe again. It won't redo the audio fingerprinting process though.