Playback stops 15 - 20 minutes into a show

adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

Here's what's happening.

1. Play something on my Shield (movie or tv)

2. between 14 - 20 minutes later the playback will pause

3. I'll wait between 10 - 30 seconds, after which the screen goes black for a couple seconds and then playback will resumes normally

If the video is long enough it will happen again.

This does not happen with music, only video.

I've restarted Emby, my computer, and my router.  None of these things solved the problem.

Thanks

ffmpeg-directstream-f087418d-b55a-4d3e-ba36-79ea6b8b4611_1.txtffmpeg-directstream-1712be4d-7250-47df-a712-3cfa46ad2fad_1.txtembyserver.txtffmpeg-directstream-1c0a56bb-d671-495c-83c7-8643cc599be4_1.txt

adamstewiegreen

That's the one I typically use (and it's up to date).  The first set of logs are from that app, the second set of logs are from the android tv app.

adamstewiegreen

Thanks,

Logs sent:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
    • Playing a video with the AndroidTV app (The Legend of Vox Machina - S01E09 - The Tide of Bone.mkv)
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
    • 9:23 Eastern Time  (23:23 AEST)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time
    • Admin

adamstewiegreen

I sideloaded the newest Android app (released yesterday?), still the same problem.

Unfortunately, Android did its thing where it compresses the log entries but I'm guessing these messages were a time out:

06-24 23:24:35.650  1369  2326 I chatty  : uid=10097(tv.emby.embyatv) WebSocketConnec expire 2 lines

All symptoms point to either a network congestion issue or, possibly, access of the original media itself bogging down for some reason.

adamstewiegreen

I wanted to rule out my network so I downloaded Plex today and so far haven't had any issues (after an hour + , typically I get a pause with in 15 minutes).

adamstewiegreen

I uninstalled AndroidTV Beta and switched to the latest stable version and the problem seems to be fixed.  Although the stable version of the standard Android app has this problem.

14 minutes ago, adamstewiegreen said:

I uninstalled AndroidTV Beta and switched to the latest stable version and the problem seems to be fixed.  Although the stable version of the standard Android app has this problem.

That would point to Exoplayer but that is a bit surprising.

adamstewiegreen

One last test, I had some time to use the FireTV in one of the bedrooms.  No issues. (It's using the stable version).

Thanks