Cannot connect Emby to my NAS DS920+ Help needed

Lewis3D

Lewis3D

Is there way to delete that system internal user emby ?

I can't get it working even with setting read/write permissions (DSM 7.1.x) to my video folder either, emby just can't link to folders (don't see them) while for Plex that worked fine.

I tried uninstalling emby but that system internal user still stays there even after i uninstalled emby so when i try to manually add "emby" user it says it already exists ???

Thanks

Lewis3D

Yes i looked at that and i can't get library added anyway, for Plex it worked fine with same procedure but for Emby nothing happens after i give it system internal permission it stil doesnt see my movies/tv shows folders on synology.

So i wanted to clean DSM 7.1 from Emby and start over, but even when I deinstall Emby server that system user is still there and i can't remove it  so i guess deinstallation is not really fully done properly?

10 hours ago, Lewis3D said:

Yes i looked at that and i can't get library added anyway, for Plex it worked fine with same procedure but for Emby nothing happens after i give it system internal permission it stil doesnt see my movies/tv shows folders on synology.

So i wanted to clean DSM 7.1 from Emby and start over, but even when I deinstall Emby server that system user is still there and i can't remove it  so i guess deinstallation is not really fully done properly?

Hi, the uninstaller does leave the user and data folders behind but you could remove them manually if you wish.

Can you show a screenshot of how you configured your permissions along an example of a library you're trying to add? Thanks.

Lewis3D

Hi,

Here is the screengrab of DSM7 permissions

https://prnt.sc/RpLRFj19DZzi

And here is what EMBY says when i try to add my library for movies which is located as \\NAS-DS1817\video\Filmovi\

https://prnt.sc/Y66i5_qzcDkV

I tried with and without forwards slash at end and no difference.

Only thing i can ADD is directly \\NAS-DS1817 so it sees my NAS but can't acess any folder on it although my permissions is set for video folder.

Plex server works fine with that setup and same permissions, all my computers can browse those folders normally also... 

OK you're trying to add a library using a network path. I assume this is the same machine as the server? If yes then try adding the direct local path instead.

Lewis3D

Emby server is installed on Synology DS 1817+ and that path is \\NAS-DS1817\video\Filmovi

inside folder "Filmovi" i have SD.,HD and 4K folders where i put movies according theri resolution and all that work fine from Plex, VLC player, local player on my TVs/tablets/phone but Emby just refuses to look/link that folder so i have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Can you elaborate more what you mean by adding "direct local path" . I'm not sure i understand, Thanks.

Edited by Lewis3D