Audio Books as a single file?

kamhouse

kamhouse

Google Play Books seems to export audio books as a single file.

Their website shows the length of each chapter. Is there a way to give Emby an XML file to define the chapters?  Or is there a way to split the file into chapters automatically?

Edited by kamhouse

Hi, no, but we do support reading embedded chapter information from the audio file, if it's there.

kamhouse
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, no, but we do support reading embedded chapter information from the audio file, if it's there.

It doesn't appear to have them or else they are in a format you don't support. How would I verify or create embedded chapter information? Is there a particular software used for that? Is it part of the MP3 or MP4 spec?

Edited by kamhouse

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, kamhouse said:

It doesn't appear to have them or else they are in a format you don't support. How would I verify or create embedded chapter information? Is there a particular software used for that? Is it part of the MP3 or MP4 spec?

What format are your audiobooks in?  What client?

But in this example m4b we currently only have chapters in the OSD chapters menu and mouse over seek bar not in itemdetails.  But same/similar discussion in linked topic.

image.png.358cda6fd8a2582091527ec99f6fe51a.png

image.png

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/95991-audiobooks-recognize-chapters-in-single-file

kamhouse

The test audio book I am using exported from Google Play as m4a. I opened it in VLC first, then from Emby using the browser client to check. After your last reply I tried out the Android mobile client and don't see chapters there either.

Also tried renaming the file to m4b, and that didn't help.

It must not have any chapter data embedded then. We do plan to add chapter editing to the Emby UI in upcoming updates.

• Like 1