Can you disable Live TV guide from opening when not watching Live TV?

Caid1776
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Caid1776

I recently setup ErsatzTV to do some custom faux live channels. Unfortunately a side effect, on the Firestick TV, of having Live TV enabled is the guide button on the remote (3 horizontal lines) looses it's default function of bringing up the enhanced pause menu (pause menu with audio/subs options on it). It defaults to opening the Live Tv guide forcing you to back out of the show your watching to change audio and/or subs. Is there a way to change the default action for that button to only bring up the guide when in the Live TV menus?

• Solution
GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Caid1776 said:

forcing you to back out of the show your watching to change audio and/or subs.

Press Down on your remote, it brings-up OSD menu, same menu you're using Guide button for. 

• Like 1

Caid1776
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Press Down on your remote, it brings-up OSD menu, same menu you're using Guide button for. 

LMAO! Thanks. I can't believe in the 5 or so years I've been using Emby I've never used up/down while actively watching a show. But apparently it's never crossed my mind to try it and see what happens.

• Like 1

Also, the next version of the app will correct the guide being produced from the menu button when not watching live TV.

• Like 1

Caid1776
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Also, the next version of the app will correct the guide being produced from the menu button when not watching live TV.

This is great news!