4K HDR Video is trancoding (old error in new server version)

nanuk

nanuk

Hi emby team,

say hello and welcome back to an old Error 😞

since the update of the emby server version from 4.6.x to 4.7.x an old an previously resolved error is back 😞
When playing a 4K HDR file that has a Dolby Atmos (TrueHD) audio track the new server version (from 4.7.0.1 to 4.7.0.4) is being transcoding not only the audio track but also the video track

what costs a lot of CPU and more important picture quality.

The old server version (4.6.7.0) works as designed. The video is playing direct and only the audio track is being transcoded!

because I still have a backup of the old server version 4.6.7.0 I played the exactly same file once with 4.6.7.0 and once with 4.7.1.0.
search the logs for "Und taeglich gruesst das Murmeltier.mkv"

as I already described:

4.6.7.0 - no video transcoding (direct play) only the Dolby Atmos track is beiing trancoded to AC3

4.7.1.0 and above - video and audio is beiing transcoded 😞

the logfiles from both server versions are attached here

PS: the problem of transcoding video that doesn't need to be transcoded already existed in earlier versions of emby server/LG App combinations but has been fixed sometime. now it's back 😞

PPS: if this topic belongs to emby server please move it... I can only reproduce the problem on my LG TVs but maybe it's a general server prob.

embyserver-4.6.txt embyserver-4.7.txt

Edited by nanuk

Hi, this is resolved in the next update to the Emby LG app. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !

The problem I described in this post seems to be fixed either by emby LG version 1.0.37 or the new server version .

thanx for the update 

• Thanks 1