Any way to hide/disable "Next Up?"

caradoc

caradoc

This particular AppleTV is used specifically for a spectrum kid, and it'd be really nice to reduce the screen clutter by hiding or disabling "Next Up" for her user account, and save the extra navigation to get past that row of never-used icons.

Happy2Play

Have you looked at User Home Screen settings?  Settting-Home Screen

• Agree 1

Iaincaradoc2

Yes, we've looked there. Server version is 4.7.3.0, AppleTV app is 1.5.9 (0). There's no toggle to simply turn off the "Next Up" display row that we've been able to find anywhere.

GrimReaper

Not using AppleTV, but assuming it behaves as other client apps: do it in WebUI, Settings>Home Screen as suggested by @Happy2Play, remove "Next Up" section (so you'll get combined "Continue Watching" row) and AppleTV will inherit that selection. 

• Like 1

vdatanet
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Not using AppleTV, but assuming it behaves as other client apps: do it in WebUI, Settings>Home Screen as suggested by @Happy2Play, remove "Next Up" section (so you'll get combined "Continue Watching" row) and AppleTV will inherit that selection. 

Yes, but Apple TV requires an app restart to refresh the home screen settings (section visibility changes)

image.png.16ef201c67a3afbead828f77004f92de.png

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

Iaincaradoc2

That removes it from the Home Screen. "Next Up" is still showing once any given TV Show or Series is selected.

image.jpeg.8fb2bd5e6b96f9e6717cb3c8fd4e6984.jpeg

GrimReaper

There is no option to remove "Next Up" row from Series level. 

Server version 4.7+ did remove it in several client apps, guess AppleTV still hasn't caught up. 

As a sidenote, interesting how ppl find its usage differently, I was VERY irked that that row got removed from Web App. 

Iaincaradoc2

Understandable. I prefer having "Next Up" on my account and devices, but for kids on the autism spectrum (like my daughter) it's just a whole lot easier to remove options that confuse them and force them to scroll or click any more than absolutely necessary.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Iaincaradoc2 said:

Understandable. I prefer having "Next Up" on my account and devices, but for kids on the autism spectrum (like my daughter) it's just a whole lot easier to remove options that confuse them and force them to scroll or click any more than absolutely necessary.

I can only assume that eventually it will be removed from AppleTV app, in line with other client apps - unfortunately it'll remove it for your account, as well. 

Iaincaradoc2

Well... I'm pretty sure I can tolerate it being removed from my stuff better than the kiddo can deal with having it stay there.