Mac OS Client - Download SRT Sub from Server

Matot

Hi,

Is there a solution with the Mac OS Client to download the external sub present in the server ( remote connection) ?

I know, in the web app,  I have to go at the bottom to the media informations, and download the subtitles from there, but with the Mac OS client, there is no such option ( just "preview").

Can you add this possibility to Mac OS Client ? 

And maybe to the Apple TV Client to ?

Capture d’écran 2022-06-20 à 08.36.14.png

Sorry, I don't have an appleTV yet, so not sure that we can't download something at all on Apple TV ... Disregard this Apple TV Request :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Matot
On 7/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, Luke said:

hi @Matot are you saying you just want to download the subtitle file and not the video as well?

Hi @Luke,

I have some externals SRT sub that I want to download with the video. On the Emby web app, it's possible ( three dot on the srt file in the media information section), but in the Emby Mac OS app, I don't have the option to download this external SRT file. ( see screen capture, sorry, it's in French). 

Download the video, it works fine, just want to be able to download SRT external sub as well. 

Thanks for your hard work ! I really like Emby . I was using Plex before, but Emby>Plex :) 

Also, sorry, i know this is not the place, but in the LG WEBOS Client App, can you one day add arrows for scrolling horizontal vignette like in the WebApp ? It will be great with the Magic remote (see second screen capture). I created a post for this in the Lg Client section. Thank you !!!!

Capture d’écran 2022-07-05 à 11.12.55.png

For LG WEBOS.jpg

@Matot when you use the download feature inside the MacOS app, it should bring the subtitles along with it as part of the download. if you're saying that's not happening then I think that's probably what we should look at first. 

Can we please look at an example of that? Thanks !

Matot

@Lukeyou're right, I'm sorry I didin't see it sooner. The external sub is downloaded with the video file. :) Every thing is ok. My mistake.

Thank you for your replies and have a nice day !

P.S : Can you now look at my request on the LG Smart TV to improve the use of magic remote with emby client app ? Thank you :) 

• Thanks 1