Option to allow bypassing the record popup in the Android TV client

Rickerdo

Rickerdo

The only thing keeping me from paying for Emby and ditching Jellyfin is the inability to immediately play live TV programs when viewing the guide without getting the popup asking to record.

I understand a lot of folks are reluctant to UI changes, so I am asking for an option in the settings to disable the record popup when selecting a programs from the live TV guide. The option could default to the existing behavior, but allow end user's to disable it if they so choose.

My request is specifically for the Android TV client. I have a few Nvidia Shields which have very few buttons on the remotes - directional and a select button in the center.

Every live TV app I've used so far: Jellyfin, Channels, Android Live TV, Kodi, and Sparkle all play the selected program from the live TV guide immediately (without prompting to record) when the select button is pressed. Emby is the only app that forces a prompt to record before being able to select play.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Rickerdo said:

I have a few Nvidia Shields which have very few buttons on the remotes - directional and a select button in the center.

Hi.  Double-tap the volume slider if this is the old style Shield remote.  That will immediately play the selected channel.