Emby for Android no sound Eac3 5.1

paolito11

paolito11

I just updated the emby app which I watch content via an android box. Has been working fine for years. After the update I get no sound when trying to play files with EAC3 5.1 sound. 

Do you know if there was an issue with the latest version of the app? I downloaded via Google play. 

Thanks 

paolito11

I just updated the emby app which I watch content via an android box. Has been working fine for years. After the update I get no sound when trying to play files with EAC3 5.1 sound. 

Do you know if there was an issue with the latest version of the app? I downloaded via Google play. 

Thank

Hi there, what version number of the app do you have now? Can we please look at a playback example?

Thanks !

paolito11

Version is Emby for Android 3.2.51

See screenshots of types of files I'm trying to play. They were working before the update. 

Thanks 

16557037116443933196187303381664.jpg

16557038307472453431559338598514.jpg

FrostByte

Your second pic has DTS-HD, not DD+.  Are you having an issue with no sound and DTS-HD also?

• 2 weeks later...
paolito11

Hi Luke thanks for following up. I found an old android box with a much older version of emby so using that as a stop gap until a newer update of emby is available, which I'll try on the problem android box. Is 3.2.52 new? 

On 7/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, paolito11 said:

Is 3.2.52 new? 

Hi, yes it is new. We are looking into this issue. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...