Audirium: StandAlone Music App

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

thumb.png.8a25abf5af022676e6ee409bf19c2acf.png

Audirium Roadmap Tracker

Need feedback from music lovers and emby integration. 

the plan is to create seperate music app for mobile devices, but keep it integrated for desktop and tv apps. 

i really would love your input for

1. An app that gives a good look and feel(spotify, Amazon music, itunes, android) 
  2. what functionality needs to be included and be specific. I.e. playlists, visualisers, landing page, sorting options,etc…. Literally anything you can think of!
  3. Anything you feel is missing from any apps you use.
Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

feerlessleadr

Great idea - the more apps the better. 

For me, here are a few features that are key:

- Smart playlists

- multi user support

- ability to select or hide libraries from all areas of the app

- cloud backup of settings and playlists

- Android auto support

Happy to expand on any of the above if needed as well. Thanks! 

timlance

In addition to sorting by Albums, Artists, etc. for classical folks being able to sort by Composer would be HUGE.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

- Smart playlists

- multi user support

- Android auto support

I will need to lean on you for some of these features if thats ok.  

20 minutes ago, timlance said:

In addition to sorting by Albums, Artists, etc. for classical folks being able to sort by Composer would be HUGE.

That should be an easy one, i hope but we’ll see lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

- Smart playlists

how smart are we looking at genres or main genre?

- multi user support

in the emby eco system? Thats not an issue, those not in that wont happen.

expand please

what platforms are we talking here. 

- Android auto support

jno idea what this is but will research 

• Like 1

TeamB

I think it is a great idea and one i have seen people asking about for a long time.

Mobile apps are not my area, i dont use phones much. I have used the Spotify app on Android a little, Spotify spend a lot of time and money of ux and ui design so my vote would be just use that app as a template.

Unfortunately I have no experience building mobile apps.

feerlessleadr
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

how smart are we looking at genres or main genre?

in the emby eco system? Thats not an issue, those not in that wont happen.

expand please

what platforms are we talking here. 

jno idea what this is but will research 

Posting on mobile, so forgive me:

- for smart playlist, the ability to add music via a number of attributes (artist, album, title, date added, music library, genre, favorite, etc.). Kodi's Smart playlist attributes are a great starting point I think here.

- for multi user, yes, multi users in the emby eco system. I'd love to able to have profiles in the app so that I could be logged into my account and see my playlists and another profile logged into my kids account and see their playlists and music. 

- hide libraries - what u mean by this is that in emby, I have libraries for 'music', 'christmas music', and other types of music. When it's not Christmas, I just ignore the Christmas music library. I'm the app, I'm assuming all music libraries would be added, and I'd like to be able to hide that Library item from my music app. Alternatively, if I'm able to have a smart playlist filter out music from different libraries, then this request is a moot point, since I only use smart playlists to listen to my music.

- I'm terms of backup, I'm talking specifically of Android. YATSE (android app) uses the Google play games account to backup app settings, playlists, etc.) and it's a killer feature. If that's not possible, at least being able to export all settings, playlists, etc. into a json that we could then backup to Google drive (or somewhere else), which the app could then import and restore using the json.

-Android auto is just the car version of Android (similar to apple car play).

Thanks! 

slyfox

Essential features:

• iOS support
  • Smart playlists and ability to download them offline
  • Sync ratings. Essential for sorting through new albums and then deleting disliked tracks file via Emby server.
  • Easy access to like/dislike. A combo of dislike and play next would be great.
Edited by slyfox
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
23 hours ago, TeamB said:

I think it is a great idea and one i have seen people asking about for a long time.

Mobile apps are not my area, i dont use phones much. I have used the Spotify app on Android a little, Spotify spend a lot of time and money of ux and ui design so my vote would be just use that app as a template.

Unfortunately I have no experience building mobile apps.

You told me you only like typescript, which is 100% JavaScript based. So if you can Typescript…. you can mobile. I can handle the conversion. We just need the meat of JS in and away we go. 

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

TeamB

I like the concept of typescript but it is still javascript so should be burned in a fire in the pits of hell 🙂

I did not know mobile uses javascript to build apps, I thought it was java for android.

Edited by TeamB

Mibok
7 hours ago, slyfox said:

Essential features:

• iOS support
  • Smart playlists and ability to download them offline
  • Sync ratings. Essential for sorting through new albums and then deleting disliked tracks file via Emby server.
  • Easy access to like/dislike. A combo of dislike and play next would be great.

Just adding my +1 to this, those are all the features that i was about to propose, Having a bunch of OSTs from Movies, Series and Games i have not find an efficient way to sync the good songs from those OSTs. that's not only helpful to filter song but to save storage on my smartphone too. May be an exclusive playlist that can be selected from the app to watch and sync?

It could be useful to Sync all my music and as i hear the playlist "dislike" songs to purge the list over time.

KristofG

Brilliant idea!
I would love a more functional app that I can link to my Emby server
I don't have any previous experience other than Plexamp, but I would like the following features

1. iOS support with fully functioning CarPlay (at least the maximum possible with the safety recommendations)

2. make sure that when something is playing (like an album, a playlist, or another song is queued), that it's more difficult to break that playlist by accidentally starting to play another song.
(I usually build playlists on the fly by browsing, searching (song, artists, favorites,...) from my phone before and during an event)

3. I would like the ability to play gab-less, even if the songs are supposed to be played with a gab, a simple fade-out/fade-in should be enough for a first release.

timlance

When playing by album that when finished the app does not progress to anything else. That is ...

1) I pick an album to play.

2) I play through it.

3) Nothing else then plays; I must interact with app to choose what happens next.

Jägs

This is supported in iTunes/Apple Music, but for those of us who listen to multi-movement works (e.g., classical, some jazz, even some pop), it would be great if we could get playback by work, not movement/track, especially when randomizing.

For example, I have a baroque playlist with many works, each having 3 or more movements (separate tracks).  When I randomize the playlist, it would be great if there was an option to randomize by work, instead of it being randomized by track/movement.  The workaround many use is simply to join the separate movements into one audio file, but that makes it more difficult to search/play individual movements.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

I hope you all understand that to cover costs i will need donations, to cover app costs. Other than that I’m willing to produce a fricken awesome app. However this will be after TV version of Iridium are released and tested

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

sydlexius
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I hope you all understand that to cover costs i will need donations, to cover app costs. Other than that I’m willing to produce a fricken awesome app. However this will be after TV version of Iridium are released and tested

As some of the best music apps that support compatibility with Emby, Plex, etc charge in their respective app stores, this only seems sensible.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
NitroNine

Would happily purchase or donate, one thing that keeps me on using plex for music is Plexamp can cast to my sonos setup from the app.  Clone Plexamp for Emby and I would throw money at you

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NitroNine said:

Would happily purchase or donate, one thing that keeps me on using plex for music is Plexamp can cast to my sonos setup from the app.  Clone Plexamp for Emby and I would throw money at you

Hi, what feature exactly are you looking for?

NitroNine

Oh, the Emby app can cast to Sonos without issue, I would love to have a Emby Music only app though, even though the Emby app does music alright now.

• Thanks 1

timlance

True 'Composers' view/sorting.

Overall better layout. Audirvana's remote's is great, except it ignore's composers while their desktop treats them most excellently.

Subsonic's iOS apps are also so much more functional than Emby's.

Edited by timlance

12 minutes ago, timlance said:

True 'Composers' view/sorting.

Overall better layout. Audirvana's remote's is great, except it ignore's composers while their desktop treats them most excellently.

@timlance can you please open a new feature request topic for this? I'd be happy to go over these with you separately. These are not specific to a standalone music app and could be done in both a new app and existing apps.

• 5 months later...
Cheesegeezer

Hello everyone. My plugins are on hold until release version of 4.8 comes to life… so in tandem with Iridium full Client UI, I’ve started work on this standalone music app also. 

it makes sense as this will end up as the music element of the main Iridium app.

All the infrastructure and base architecture is now completed. Its time to get the content, display it and add the extra features and smart functionality for it..

so keep your eyes peels for sporadic updates here. 

My intentions are to also include audio books and ebooks into this app, as these are the most likely “on the go” features a traveler would like in an app.

look forward to your input, constructive criticisms, UI enhancements and feature requests.

cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

Lots more work to do, but it's a start.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Had a bit of time this morning to play... and done Quite a bit more work.  I'm almost happy with the home page.. (i'm not a music guy really, more of a DJ, so my dance tracks are well documented, but my other albums are a shower of Sh*T)  need to work more on the Music scroller, but this is kind of the look i'm going for. 

Landing Page for tablet/desktop

image.thumb.png.33d1353e12d8eb69601a3970554385ad.png

Suggested Music is a list view that scrolls and returns the latest 30 albums or tracks

image.thumb.png.6347eb0dc1a3119aef8c9d1b1c903b27.png

image.thumb.png.a77119daeaf832268bbd46a2ef36c616.png

• Like 6