Audirium: StandAlone Music App

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

More Coding Action.

Really tidied up Authentication, Session management, & Server & Users policy and configurations.  Also incorporated a Server Management for Users that are Administrators.

Here's a little video of these implementations. Get yer dancin shoo's on!!!

• Like 5

jaycedk
4 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

This is quite cool. Question though, is this a desktop app or a mobile app? 

Its stated in the 1'st post :)

Yes and/or both

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
Just now, feerlessleadr said:

This is quite cool. Question though, is this a desktop app or a mobile app? 

Yes!!

I'm currently working on views for Tablet Desktop at the moment.  And specifically Windows, then all i have to do is add in platform specific code for ANDROID and IOS for certain Tasks in the code...

You can see here everything

image.png.0a11dc123f1feef3731289bbd59c6c0f.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

feerlessleadr
14 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yes!!

I'm currently working on views for Tablet Desktop at the moment.  And specifically Windows, then all i have to do is add in platform specific code for ANDROID and IOS for certain Tasks in the code...

You can see here everything

image.png.0a11dc123f1feef3731289bbd59c6c0f.png

Awesome thanks! Can't wait to give it a try. 

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, timlance said:

Getting excited!

Thanks for detailed updates.

Curious about how Composers/Classical will be handled.

I've not got that far yet, I'm kinda making it up as I go along for the layouts.

As you are quite passionate about it, can you tell me what you want to see and how they should be handled?  

But I think next i will tackle Albums and create the Tablet/Desktop UI for that.  Then i can get feedback from you guys.  I'm not really a music guy.... well I am, but I need some CDJ's or my Technics 1200s and then i'm a music guy ---- Reach for Lasers!! Safe as F*$k!! 

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

I'f you're open to to suggestions, a couple of things that are critical for music apps that I use:

• Smart Playlists (sometimes called Auto Playlists)
  • Backup/restore of settings/playlists

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

I'f you're open to to suggestions, a couple of things that are critical for music apps that I use:

• Smart Playlists (sometimes called Auto Playlists)
  • Backup/restore of settings/playlists

Yes Smart Playlists are definitely on the cards which is essentially what My Mix feature is.

I have no idea how they should work but,  here is my thinking.... 

user can create them from a set of Match Conditions..... at least on of the below must be enabled.

1. Select Genre(s) -  (optional)
  2. Select Artist(s) - optional
  3. Select Composer(s) - optional
  4. Select Number of tracks to add or leave as Infinite

Alternatively if a user is listening to a track and fancies that style of music, then there will be a button in the UI to create a Smart playlist from the currently playing track.

Backup restore should be fairly straight forward.  iOS and Android will have this built in, i just need to learn how to utilise this.  Windows would be easy also.

• Like 1

ShadowKindjal

I currently have 250,000 songs in my library and one of my biggest issues with music in Emby is that we don't have a way to see the most popular songs by an artist or in an album. Similar to Spotify and old iTunes. My thought process was that this could be potentially controlled with community ratings from MusicBrainz. 

• Thanks 1

feerlessleadr
53 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yes Smart Playlists are definitely on the cards which is essentially what My Mix feature is.

I have no idea how they should work but,  here is my thinking.... 

user can create them from a set of Match Conditions..... at least on of the below must be enabled.

1. Select Genre(s) -  (optional)
  2. Select Artist(s) - optional
  3. Select Composer(s) - optional
  4. Select Number of tracks to add or leave as Infinite

Alternatively if a user is listening to a track and fancies that style of music, then there will be a button in the UI to create a Smart playlist from the currently playing track.

Backup restore should be fairly straight forward.  iOS and Android will have this built in, i just need to learn how to utilise this.  Windows would be easy also.

Thanks, I'll grab some more options later, but off the top of my head, I'd love to be able filter by library/user, "is favorite",etc. 

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

Thanks, I'll grab some more options later, but off the top of my head, I'd love to be able filter by library/user, "is favorite",etc. 

Currently in Release this is not possible, however.. in 4.8.1 release this will be possible. And it wont be a filter option… it would be displayed as possibly a menu option “From others” or in tracks display UI… 

“Most Played by other users” or “Top Tracks from All” 

I have a mine field of ideas buzzing round my head. But i should focus on getting the My Collection Menu Items working… and then we can add the bells and whistles i think.

Great Architecture is built from solid foundations!

cheesegeezer 2023 😂😂

• Like 1

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I've not got that far yet, I'm kinda making it up as I go along for the layouts.

As you are quite passionate about it, can you tell me what you want to see and how they should be handled?  

But I think next i will tackle Albums and create the Tablet/Desktop UI for that.  Then i can get feedback from you guys.  I'm not really a music guy.... well I am, but I need some CDJ's or my Technics 1200s and then i'm a music guy ---- Reach for Lasers!! Safe as F*$k!! 

top 5 film that - brilliant sound track

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Spaceboy said:

top 5 film that - brilliant sound track

Yup absolutely 💯, i love the scene about Star wars when they’re all coming down and speaking utter boll@cK$… oh a d Kevin & Perry Go large as well!! That’s a cracker of of a soundtrack too!! 

Cheesegeezer

Arrrrrgh!!!! I've done something trying to improve the code and i've completely broken it... Hate it when that happens.

Will take me a while to fix this, so expect some delays.  On the plus side i have it working on Android now also.  I just need to setup a VM with MacOS so i can start testing on iOS and macCatalyst.

I would like to try Tizen also but i think

crawl.... walk.... run.....

is the way i should play this.

Question.  Are samsung mobile devices run on Tizen, i don't know... i thought this was for TV's but i could be wrong.

Cheers

ShadowKindjal
28 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Question.  Are samsung mobile devices run on Tizen, i don't know... i thought this was for TV's but i could be wrong.

Cheers

No, Samsung phones run on Android. Only Samsung TVs and older Samsung watches run tizen

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

No, Samsung phones run on Android. Only Samsung TVs and older Samsung watches run tizen

Oooo that is cool so at least i can get a Samsung TV app out. Winner winner.

i may have to buy a new Samsung TV, i was gonna get the LG oled A2 55” for the bedroom. 

Spaceboy
17 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yup absolutely 💯, i love the scene about Star wars when they’re all coming down and speaking utter boll@cK$… oh a d Kevin & Perry Go large as well!! That’s a cracker of of a soundtrack too!! 

sp**ff politics. yep remember it well :D . its funny i havent seen the movie for probably ten years now but immediately on seeing the image for the vid you posted i knew exactly what music was playing in the background. used to watch it regularly as prep for an evening out or winding down afterwards

And immediately after replying to your post i thought of kevin and perry too, slightly more commercial music than human traffic but still a brilliant sound track

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

sp**ff politics. yep remember it well :D . its funny i havent seen the movie for probably ten years now but immediately on seeing the image for the vid you posted i knew exactly what music was playing in the background. used to watch it regularly as prep for an evening out or winding down afterwards

And immediately after replying to your post i thought of kevin and perry too, slightly more commercial music than human traffic but still a brilliant sound track

Yeah Euphoria and Godskitchen... miss those days... dance music is just a load of resampled melodies from that era now... nothing is really new... I'll give Fisher his credit, he's created a pretty nice style for the new age, and even David Guetta and Morten are reviving a similar style to Euphoria and Godskitchen with their "New Rave" style.  There is hope for us fossils yet!! LOL  

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Haha 1

Cheesegeezer

The Authentication is Rock Solid now very happy with it.  Switching Servers, Users are handled correctly and also.... I think I've improved the Home Page for info.

Windows Desktop App Enhancements

image.thumb.png.f733cff806a3fe3411d51370b9e9b367.png

image.thumb.png.a6990fbeffa9a6ccf4ca1bbc52cf47e1.png

Problem with Android at the moment, it's not respecting my layout request. You'll see in the video compared with Windows that the images are oversized, the List for Recent Tracks is completely lost.

But it's a start for Android Tablets and once i figure out what the issue is the Mobile version will be a doddle.  (BTW I'm an iOS user... but it's just easy to connect to the Android Emulator - Apple require a Mac installed, Xcode and the simulator - and i'm not being very successful with a VM at the moment, but can't be assed to figure it out while i'm on a coding roll) 

Also the Datagram service for finding Emby servers is broken in Android also, so i think i will need to write some platform specific code for that, which i've already done when developing a standalone Android TV version of this a while ago.

Another wee vid for you to look at.

Cheesegeezer

Just a quick update... not done anymore dev work because.... i'm setting up a macOSX VM so that i can ensure that Windows, Android and iOS are all playing nicely before i go forward.  otherwise i will end up refactoring a hell of a lot of code.  

it's just taking ages to download and install everything i need to set it up.

Cheers

• Like 1

timlance
On 4/18/2023 at 1:39 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Sorry about not responding, especially as you've been so forthcoming about what's currently going on.

When you have a moment check out this Emby thread for mine and others' ideas/concerns about how Classical/Composers might be handled.

Basically I just want to be able to search by Composer and have albums containing that composer's works show up in results. Best would be to have album art and or enough identifying info (especially conductor/performer) to help us then choose which album we're interested in. For example, some of us might have, say, close to 20 albums of Beethoven's 9th symphony but would be wanting to get to the one conducted by Leonard Bernstein - which brings up a sub-problem as a user might have several of such albums recorded different times/orchestras.

Also, being able to search/sort on Classical genres would be good.

Thanks for any consideration!

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, timlance said:

Sorry about not responding, especially as you've been so forthcoming about what's currently going on.

When you have a moment check out this Emby thread for mine and others' ideas/concerns about how Classical/Composers might be handled.

Basically I just want to be able to search by Composer and have albums containing that composer's works show up in results. Best would be to have album art and or enough identifying info (especially conductor/performer) to help us then choose which album we're interested in. For example, some of us might have, say, close to 20 albums of Beethoven's 9th symphony but would be wanting to get to the one conducted by Leonard Bernstein - which brings up a sub-problem as a user might have several of such albums recorded different times/orchestras.

Also, being able to search/sort on Classical genres would be good.

Thanks for any consideration!

No worries fella, 

this feedback is actually really valuable. It’s the granulation of features that make something that is ok and does the job… into something that is epically superior. That’s what i want for this.

but i really need community help and direction. So… if you can give me examples of what emby drags in(nfo file for example) i can look and see what info i can get back from it, then create custom filters from that data to display to the user. 

musicbrainz is pretty poor on info, someone suggested using this for using as a top rated list based on community ratings, but after searching and testing.. there is none of this info available for about 80% of albums and tracks. 

its really you guys driving me on the development of this. And how the look and feel should be. 

Cheesegeezer

Just about to pop a 10yr old bottle of Chianti from Harrod’s lol 😂 

no time for coding… just happy kitchen party times! 💥 🎉 lol 😂 

image.thumb.jpg.f9b8741fcaaec3c9bfbbbb33d6365d95.jpg

• Like 3