Alpha Picker Question

wordlover

wordlover

@Luke - did latest server update just add Album Artist as a sort option within Genre?! I don't see this in the release notes, just "Composer," which doesn't seem to appear as a sort option in any view of my Emby library.

wordlover

Bug? Now on my Samsung Android tablet, when sorting a Genre by Album Artist there is an alpha picker, but on my Pixel 5 while there is an alpha picker when sorting by Title within a Genre, sorting by Album Artist does NOT show an alpha picker. Is this a bug? 

wordlover

@Luke Pretty straightforward problem. Within Genre, sorting by Title has alpha picker, sorting by Artist or Album Artist does not. See screenshots below. Pixel 5 phone, updated Android 12 OS, Emby Android app 3.2.51.

Screenshot_20220619-104618.png

Screenshot_20220619-104626.png

OK It's currently not implemented on that screen but is possible for the future. thanks.

wordlover

The ability to search by first few characters in Table view is great. Please please please, though, also add alpha picker consistently across views in music library display screens (esp. Album Artist). It shouldn't be that difficult to implement, yes? 

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, wordlover said:

The ability to search by first few characters in Table view is great. Please please please, though, also add alpha picker consistently across views in music library display screens (esp. Album Artist). It shouldn't be that difficult to implement, yes? 

It is already there but still dependent on sort option like everywhere else.

wordlover

Yes, that's my point - please see above. Within Genre, sorting by Title has alpha picker, sorting by Artist or Album Artist does not. Alpha picker availability when sorted by Album Artist (or Artist or Composer) is the explicit request.

• 3 months later...
wordlover

Any update on implementing Alpha Picker in all music library views? Alpha picker appears only in Album Artists, Artists, Composers and Genres, but it would be equally beneficial in Albums and Playlists at top level, and then in the secondary screens below each of these, i.e.

[Artist]>Albums

[Genre]>Albums

[Genre]>Artist

etc.

Is there a small piece of code that could be copied to apply in each of these useful instances?

• 3 months later...
wordlover

Any update on implementing Alpha Picker in all music library views, i.e. in the secondary screens: [Artist]>Albums, [Genre]>Albums, [Genre]>Artist?

Spaceboy

or indeed fixing the alpha picker in music (and all all libraries) to allow all letters to be shown when you have movies/shows/artists/albums that start with irregular characters.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wordlover said:

Any update on implementing Alpha Picker in all music library views, i.e. in the secondary screens: [Artist]>Albums, [Genre]>Albums, [Genre]>Artist?

Hi, not yet, but it's on the to do list. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
wordlover

What's the status of adding an alpha picker to all sub-screens (genre, album artist, etc.) in Music libraries? This can't be a difficult code snippet to implement in each of these sort/filter screens, can it?

3 hours ago, wordlover said:

What's the status of adding an alpha picker to all sub-screens (genre, album artist, etc.) in Music libraries? This can't be a difficult code snippet to implement in each of these sort/filter screens, can it?

Hi, this should be improved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

wordlover
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this should be improved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

Oh, sorry - ambiguity in my language. I meant I did not and still cannot see this in the announced changes in 4.8. How is wider availability of alpha picker described in that list of changes? I don't see it there.

15 hours ago, wordlover said:

Oh, sorry - ambiguity in my language. I meant I did not and still cannot see this in the announced changes in 4.8. How is wider availability of alpha picker described in that list of changes? I don't see it there.

It's just one of those little things that got thrown in. We do our best with the release notes but inevitably there will always be some really small things that are part of it that don't get mentioned.

• Thanks 1

wordlover
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's just one of those little things that got thrown in. We do our best with the release notes but inevitably there will always be some really small things that are part of it that don't get mentioned.

Super, thanks.