Emby for Fire TV app freezing when logging in

Benjocharles

Benjocharles

I'm not able to log in via the fire TV app. It keeps freezing and then going back to the main fire TV menu. So the app crashes. I can log in on other firesticks at other locations so I'm not sure if it's this specific model. I tried clearing cache and data and completely uninstalling and reinstalling but the same outcome happens. I just sent the logs from it. It's being accessed over the internet. 

Edited by Benjocharles

Benjocharles

I was able to connect the firestick to a Hotspot instead of the regular wifi and login just fine in the app. I logged in and then switched over to the regular wifi and was able to use emby. However if I log out and try to log in the freezing happens again. So it's something with this wifi. Not sure what it could be. 

Edited by Benjocharles

Hi.  It appears something on the network is interfering with the response from your server.  Are you going through some sort of proxy?

Benjocharles

No nothing at all. It's just strange that it's only on the emby fire TV app. If I go to the browser on the firestick I can log in just fine. So it's something specific to the app. Is there a way I can get a copy of the log to see if I can narrow down the issue? 

The issue is for sure something on the network interfering with the data being passed to the app.  We've seen this happen with proxies or some security type watchdog apps on networks.  The app gets JSON from the server and that JSON is being modified such that it is no longer valid JSON and the deserializer is crashing.

The key may be that it is a Fire device as I've seen some of these watchdogs do things for specific device types (and Fires seem to be one of the most common).

• 2 weeks later...